Cathay Pacific B777-300ER (four class with Premium Economy) First

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

stilllovethejumbo
    Participant

Flew on CX First recently from Los Angeles to Hong Kong.

The oneworld lounge at LAX was mediocre at best with very average food offerings. Service was good. Boarding was announced 50 minutes prior to departure while I was using the showers – I ended boarding approximately 25 minutes before scheduled departure which was late, but there will still a few passengers left to board. I am a huge fan of the CX seat even though its starting to show a bit of ware – probably why they are in process of a refresh. The flight was only 50% full in First 3/6, and with 2 crew plus the ISM who has quite present during service meant a 1:1 crew ratio. Service was exceptional and very friendly. I am a veteran CX flyer so I know that they don’t make cabin rounds to leave passengers undisturbed, but expect the use of the call bell and respond within seconds of it being used. Plus the crew were more than happy to engage in conversation in the galleys and during service. The flight arrived HKG on Chinese New Year’s eve – probably explaining the light loads throughout. Catering and beverage selection left a bit to be desired – its quite clear that in HKG CX focuses much more on lounge catering quality through The Peninsula than it does on the on board offering.

The quality of headphones and display are mediocre when compared to similar top rate airlines, but the content of IFE was excellent. Wonderfully curated radio programs from which one can choose individual tracks and compile a play list, extensive range of music, tv programs and movies – I managed to watch 3 films and some TV episodes on this 14hr45 minutes flight.

I caught a mid afternoon nap on an extremely comfortable bed with high quality duvet and bedding. The snack service was honestly the highlight of the meal with HK favourites like noodle soup and hot pot being available and the crew were more than happy to serve them upon request.
    Attention to detail like drawing my blinds when I dozed off, or clearing used cups etc was top notch. With a block time of 15hr40 at traffic at LAX which delayed are departure slightly – we still managed to touch down 25 minutes early. With my e-channel registration and my bags tagged through for a flight the evening after arrival, I was through sitting in the airport express headed to Kowloon with 22 minutes of touch down (timed).

The stand out aspects of the flight were the service, seat/bed and quality of content on the AVOD IFE. Overall, I would rate CX first as one of the best out there.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls