Cathay Pacific Airways the most punctual carrier serving the UK

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• cwoodward
    Participant

According the BBC

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-48983749

Vueling and Thomas Cook are the worst and even CX had an average delay of 6 minutes.

first_class_please
    Participant

Longhaul airlines tend to have much longer turnaround times.
    European / Shorthaul carriers have much shorter turnarounds.
    Good for PR, but would be the same for any airport, a visiting long haul carrier is most likely the most punctual.

w8ster
    Participant

[quote quote=949174]Longhaul airlines tend to have much longer turnaround times.

European / Shorthaul carriers have much shorter turnarounds.

Good for PR, but would be the same for any airport, a visiting long haul carrier is most likely the most punctual.[/quote]

I agree on the part about shorter turnaround with short haul flights but I used to fly long haul regularly from LHR and other airports with different airlines and the way airlines manages ground operations make a huge difference there and from my experience it is no surprise Cathay is up there.. From check-in, issues resolution, boarding etc. I do believe that plays a big part too.

capetonianm
    Participant

No surprise to learn that Vueling is the worst. An appalling airline with no concept of customer service when things go wrong, which is frequently.

CathayLoyalist2
    Participant

…and who was one of the past CEO´s? Step forward Alex Cruz

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls