Cathay Pacific A330-300 Two-Class (33E)

Back to Forum

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Ciprian Hirlea 7 Dec 2015
at 09:00

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

Ciprian Hirlea
    Keymaster

I wanted to like this flight and indeed the FA and IFE were top notch. A few members of the FA came to me pre-flight to introduce themselves and ask if I needed anything, etc. it was a nice touch.

I just came off a QR B787 plane and connected onto the CX flight. In comparison the Cathay A330 just felt a few notches down compared to QR whose plane and particularly the finishes touches just felt classier. Qatar felt like sitting in a Mercedes and the Cathay a Vauxhall.

Pre flight drinks on offer were water, apple juice or orange juice. I had the latter and it was excellent standard. No champagne was on offer.

The food on the CX flight was just ok. As it was a late flight ( departing 1:55 am) it was an express service so everything was served on a single tray rather than course by course. I has just eaten at the Qatar Al Moujan lounge, so was no longer hungry, but purely as a gauge for comparison thought I'd try some of the food.

There was some dips to start, I didn't bother trying it and it came with some cheap looking cling film wrapped pita. Some lovely smelling warm bread on offer, but I declined as I just wasn't hungry enough to try it. There were some berries on the tray, strawberries and some really good blueberries.

The FA came with a tray offering the three choices of main – I think this is a great idea- the choice was fish kasba, a western chicken dish and beef black bean, pak choi and steam rice. I had the latter and it tasted lovely and was a generous portion. I didn't bother with dessert, although the cheese looked tempting. I had a glass of BIliecart Salmon champagne, the flute was small compared to QR and could have been more chilled. There was a decent looking bar and wine list, but after dinner I just wanted to sleep so didn't indulge.

The IFE choice had more choice than the QR flight. I watched an interesting documentary and then listened to music which helped me sleep for a good 3 hours.

A continental breakfast was on offer, but just took a smoothie and OJ, both were excellent.

We arrived just a few minutes behind schedule. From plane to collecting my bag took 25 minutes including taking the transit train.

Overall this was an excellent flight – but just not as good as Qatar.

Review courtesy of Seatplans.com. Original review by user Slotski can be found here

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls