Cathay Pacific–a great service attitude !

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Anonymous

Hess963
    Participant

Hi everyone !! First of all–Merry Christmas to everyone and a good start in the New Year !!

I have been busy for a while- having my Southeast Asian trips. 8 flight segments in CX regional C class and 2 flight segments in CX C class mid haul. 2 flight segments in CX Y class regional.

So I tried CX this time and wanted to know for myself–what made CX BT Asia-Pacific Airline of the Year 2009 ? My own experience will give me the insight and my very demanding attitude towards service attitude, food and beverage, seatings.

So does CX convince me ? A huge yes–regarding the service attitude of the cabin staffs in C cabin in all flown C segments. Definitely no glitch at all. Everytime I needed something-my call was always taken promptly and my wishes fulfilled–no exceptions ! F/A were very attentive and inspite of full cabins and in some circumstances a very fast service–it was always outstanding. I did not just let it so easily. I was always asking something, tried to start some small talks, wishes this or that. NO PROBLEMS at all !! Food choices always there–did not have to take something else. The F/As are just CX’s gems–the Senior Pursers/Pursers and Cabin Managers I encountered were till yet–the best F/A’s I had experienced. Keep the great service attitude.

Best experience and actually still amazes me–the short trip HKG-TPE around 1 hour and 20 minutes–full service !! The crew handled a full C cabin with around 30 pax in this time. Everyone got his hot towels, newspaper, pre drink, food service and second services for drinks…
    I have not experienced that in Europe and USA/Canada !!!

If there is a problem–than it is the so called new regional C class seat which recline so poorly comparing to CX’s old long haul seats which are often used in their regional network. Even for mid haul are these so called new regional seats absolutely a dismal. CX should not follow this development in the future. They should be considering a consistant good seatings for mid haul as well. And improve this new regional seatings with better recline and legrest which is really useless.

So for me–yes, CX did really deserve to be BT Asia Pacific airline of the year 2009.

Wildgoose
    Participant

Good to see CX fighting hard to stay ahead of what is a rather good pack:SQ, MH, TG.
    It would be most interesting to see whic of the following carriers – CX, SQ, MH,TG,BA,QF,EK,EY,VS, KE,QR,ANA,JL- carrier the bulk of the 1)SE Asian traffic and 2) Australasian traffic in 2010.Admittedly, some of these carriers only serve one or two cities but it would be good to see just how much traffic, say, QR and EY fly in from Europe to Melbourne.

ChrisFreeman
    Participant

Without any doubt, CX are at the top of the pack at the moment. CX first, with daylight second.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls