Cathay New Business Class superior to BA First Class

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

• FormerlyDoS
    Participant

“The exception to this is Lufthansa.”

Are you sure?

What about Swiss?

BeckyBoop
    Participant

It should also be noted that the BA seat also comes with is own personal wardrobe and a buddy seat at each seat. One of my clients thinks the CX business seat is better than BA and CX’s own First seat.

It does make you wonder with such advances in J class travel is it really worth paying the extra in F on any airline? Considering that CX recently reported a plunge in profits especially in premium class travel

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-21766398

Qatar airways have also hinted to removing first from more of their aircraft.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/…/Qatar-Airways-boss-why-Boeing-787-Dreamliner-has-no-first-class.html

Any thoughts?

Henkel.Trocken
    Participant

If you get proper F e.g. LX, LH, EK, SQ, CX or QF then there is no doubt it is worth paying for.

An F product that is outstripped by a business class product of another airline is certainly not worth paying for and should be thought of as what it is, business class but the best offering the particular airline can manage.

AllOverTheGaff
    Participant

Henkel, you make a very good point, and one which might allow BA to reposition in the market place at very little cost to them!

BA could perhaps reinvent their cabins to have the below:
    1) No frills – economy seat, pay for bags, pay for food & drinks
    2) Economy – WT+ seat, bags, limited food & drinks
    3) World Traveller Plus – Business class seats that face each other with cheap champagne, average wines and mediocre food
    4) Business Class – BA’s “First” which as we all know, is as best ‘business class’.

Wonder if this might work for them, they’d not even have to invest a lot of money simply change some wording on their website, bring the prices into line accordingly and they might stop losing money hand-over-fist that only one person I *know of* thinks is a good financial report.

Must dash, need to put this gigantic spoon somewhere safe.

Regards.
    AOTG.

century303
    Participant

Never flown CX business but I am very much looking forward to flying LHR to PER with them in April. I have often flown F or J with BA and EK , both of whom generally meet my expectations of the ticket.

Recent flights which perhaps compare:

BA: LHR- BOS (777) – new first – good service, comfortable seat, good entertainment offering and excellent food. Concord lounge a plus.

BA: BOS – LHR (777) – old first – good service, comfortable seat, food and entertainment (with Ipad) mediocre.

EK : SIN – DXB (A380) – First suite – good service, comfortable seat, good entertainment offering and excellent food. Shower great.

EK: DXB – LGW (777) – old first – comfortable seat, food and service mediocre at best. First lounge a plus.

Both the suite (EK) and new first (BA) offerings are excellent. In the old first cabins BA definitely came out top and EK was much closer to what I’d call business class.

Binman62
    Participant

century303,….you need to experience CX first. You will never think the same way about premium travel again.

AOTG…Not too far from reality.

The reason there is a wardrobe in each First seat is to save some crew from hanging up you coat….like check in you can do it yourself!

The up side is that on landing you do not have endure the ritual coat swapping that frequently goes on as the hangers are not numbered and crew cannot recall who had the full length Beaver from the H&M blazer!!!! The latter obviously being those on Avios redemptions!!

Freqtraveller
    Participant

I agree with Binman62 about CX First.

The personal wardrobe in CX First is larger than BA and you can store more personal things (briefcase, shirt, trousers etc) than BA’s. Duvet and bed sheet are better too on CX.

The most apparent differences between CX and BA First class are:
    -CX has wider seats than BA provides
    – Personal storage drawer to put your eye glasses, passport, pen etc, which on BA First Class, doesn’t have any
    – Better quality pyjamas on CX (Shanghai Tang on CX vs no Brand on BA)
    – Larger and spacious bathrooms than BA

JohnHarper
    Participant

No competition here, CX C wins over BA F every time. Step in to CX F and you step into a different world and you realise that BA F is really a C product and actually not a very good one.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls