Cathay Lounge @ Hong Kong

Back to Forum
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• neilsoaj
    Participant

Hi, I will be transitting through HKG with Cathay on way to India. I have a BA Gold Card and will be travelling in business class
    Q- Can you access the First lounge?

seasonedtraveller
    Participant

Yes you can.
    ST.

neilsoaj
    Participant

Thanks -appreciate the quick response

StephenLondon
    Participant

Of all the CX Lounges at HKG, I love The Pier the best…nicely refurbished, it is an oasis of calm. Enjoy!

cotswoldsw
    Participant

The Pier First Class lounge is my favourite too. The showers are fantastic and the bar is beautifully done. I do find the restaurant underwhelming though; it feels incongruous with the other facilities. I prefer the dining experience in the new lounge at LHR and dare I say it, the Concorde room.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

I would also agree the Pier is the best O/W lounge in HKG. The last time I was there (December 16) the staff in the restaurant were lacking in terms of management, (i.e. service was very slack) – am interested to hear if the new catering company responsible has improved things…

Still an excellent lounge with very tasty food

neilsoaj
    Participant

Thanks everyone – I have 6 hours to kill after coming of a 16hr LAX-HKG before connecting onto HYD-so any advice on daybeds/Spas etc most welcome

MartynSinclair
    Participant

I could easily spend 6 hours in the Pier (which I will be doing in May) 🙂

HKtraveller
    Participant

I find the daybeds/cubicles in the Pier a bit drafty and lack privacy. I suggest the cubanas in the Wing: these are private rooms with a nice bath tub/shower facilities. Enjoy it…

stevescoots
    Participant

yes you can, i do all the time. Pier is the best all round but for food service I use the Wing F, its smaller but service is faster

GivingupBA
    Participant

I love Cathay Pacific, and their lounges, but the last time I went to the Hong Kong Wing business lounge in January it was absolutely stuffed full of people – I had to circle the entire lounge and eventually squeezed into the ONE free seat in the whole lounge, no exaggeration. That seemed very unusual and I didn’t know what was going on.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls