Cathay Pacific – Hong Kong to London Heathrow

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

• MartynSinclair
    Participant

[quote quote=1292377]Certainly not as bonkers busy as other routes at the moment.[/quote]

and can you quote some ticket costs….. are they still high?

TimFitzgeraldTC
    Participant

Where I can get I Class

1 . CX 251 I 13DEC HKGLHR HS1 2220 #0500 O E TU/WE
    2 . CX 254 I 16JAN LHRHKG HS1 2205 #1825 O E MO/TU

Sub £5k from HKG to LHR in Business. Premium £2100.

If only full J both ways – just over £14k!

so not bad a day before travel on a direct flight

MartynSinclair
    Participant

[quote quote=1292523]If only full J both ways – just over £14k![/quote]

£14k – “you can not be serious”… 🙂

Thanks Tim, will stick with your amazing fares and routings…. despite the challenges of clearing European borders by utterly disgraceful and rude immigration officers on power trips, for UK passport holders… (more of that later)…

AnthonyDunn
    Participant

Hello Tim,

I was checking out both BA and CX LHR to HKG (and onwards) in mid-Jan23 and noticed that CX-Lite was barely a couple of hundred quid more expensive than the BA round trip fare. I then noticed that CX have rebadged their fare buckets as Lite, Classic and Flex. What struck me was that whereas Lite came in at about £2700, Classic was about £5K and Flex was over £9K but with, as far as the website stated, almost no additional benefits from the substantially higher fares. Who would pay almost four times the price to get just a few more Asia Miles points?

cwoodward
    Participant

“CX have rebadged their fare buckets as Lite, Classic and Flex”

This is not new -as I recall well over a year now.
    Many companies pay the higher fares for the perceived flexibility. There is a considerable difference in the cost of the fare levels but I cannot find the ones that you mention and the cost differences mentioned does seem larger than is the norm.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls