Cathay First lounge LHR T3

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• cotswoldsw
    Participant

Does anyone know when the new lounge is set to open? It seems beset with delay and I can’t find an end date…

slotski
    Participant

I would like to know myself. Flying to LAS on the 24th Dec with BA and assumed it would be open by then.

There is a thread of flyertalk which unfortunately doesn’t shed any light when it will be opening.

See http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-marco-polo-club/1717740-new-london-heathrow-lhr-lounge-closed-until-mid-october-2016-a-12.html

CathayLoyalist2
    Participant

Wrote to the Marco Polo Club and the reply this morning. direct from CX Heathrow said there is sill no confirmed re-opening date which sounds like many more weeks. At thsi rate it could be a 6 month over run which is significant by any measure.

Mark Caswell
    Keymaster

Hi all – I wrote a piece on this earlier in the week.

Cathay is not currently committing to a new date, saying that “With any construction projects of this nature and high design specifications, there will always be a chance of delays. We are excited about opening our new lounge in London and are working hard to ensure that everything is ready, and the design and safety specifications are met. We know our customers are keen for our lounge to open and so are we.”

Cathay Pacific delays Heathrow lounge reopening

SGJNI1961
    Participant

Is it just me but this lack of information or even an estimated date is really very odd! They must have some idea if only from progress (or lack of) from the lounge closing. The very fact that after all these months they don’t know is strange. No?

FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=770763]Is it just me but this lack of information or even an estimated date is really very odd! They must have some idea if only from progress (or lack of) from the lounge closing. The very fact that after all these months they don’t know is strange. No?

[/quote]

You’ve obviously never managed construction project.

There are a myriad of reasons why they may have hit a serious problem, out of their control, rendering the ETC useless and making a re-estimate unfeasible.

When that happens, wise people stop digging the hole.

SGJNI1961
    Participant

Yes, I can see your point but really, they aren’t building The Taj Mahal!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls