Cathay cuts flights to North America

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• cwoodward
    Participant

Cathay announced that they are temporarily reducing the number of flights to New York, Washington and Vancouver.
    Also some reductions on daytime flights to Paris and Frankfurt.

ALSO
    I was told yesterday evening that no reductions to UK are likely in the short term – this was by friends at the airline and is not official.

capetonianm
    Participant

DUB going too, at least for winter.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

In fact I started a thread about CX’s flight reductions yesterday.

https://www.businesstraveller.com/forums/topic/cathay-pacific-flight-reductions/

And our main piece of two days ago has been updated with the flight cuts we know about at the present time.

Cathay Pacific planning capacity cuts

For the time being, as noted by cwoodward, UK routes are unchanged.

But the capacity cuts to Frankfurt and CDG mean that on some days the second flight is being dropped.

According to the carrier’s website, travellers booked on the cancelled services are being offered indirect routings via London Heathrow. In other words that would help fill empty capacity out of London.

Cathay Pacific planning capacity cuts

At the same time the carrier’s UK website is marketing an Autumn seat sale.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Not only long haul cancellations. Just had my next HKG-BKK flight cancelled (and we are still a few weeks away). Currently re booked, later same day.

K1ngston
    Participant

[quote quote=963405]Not only long haul cancellations. Just had my next HKG-BKK flight cancelled (and we are still a few weeks away). Currently re booked, later same day.[/quote]

I am assuming a call is imminent for meeting South of BKK this trip Martyn???

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls