Cathay airfares to fall to 2019 levels by year end

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• cwoodward
    Participant

Erica Peng, Cathay’s Cathay’s General Manager for Planning announced earlier this week when addressing the Hong Kong’s Legislative Council’s economic development panel that the airlines fares will fall to normal pre-pandemic levels within a year with the continued route re-opening which is boosting the companies flight supply.
    She explained the higher cost of air travel had been due to a mismatch in flight supply following Cathays much delayed resumption of international travel last year.

Cathay’s Chief Executive Officer, Ronald Lam committed to scaling up operations to 80 per cent of pre-pandemic levels by the end June and reaching full capacity by the first quarter of 2025.

From a very quick look at Asian full service airlines airfares in general it would seem that are still some 4% to 12 percent higher than in 2019.

2 users thanked author for this post.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

..and in the UK, the full service airlines are still using covid as an excuse to cancel services, inflate prices and continually lose luggage.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Mike Tucker
    Participant

Slightly off piste but I see HK Express is commencing flights from HK to Clark in a couple of months So it will enable cheaper flights to the Philippines but more importantly to Clark and away from the nightmare that is Manila

cwoodward
    Participant

Personally I don’t find Terminal 2 at Manila at all bad.
    It is the newest and designed and built by a German contractor but not opened for about 12 years due to legal disputes.
    Decent lounges and shopping good check-in /arrivals areas. I agree stay away from the main terminal -its madness !

HK express do also now have a daily flight to Manila – last time I checked the cost it was HK$1,900 return.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls