Cathay – 3 day sale

Back to Forum
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

• Anonymous

BigDog.
    Participant

Cathay Pacific 3 Day Sale (ends 6th Sept.)

http://www.cathaypacific.com/cpa/en_GB/offerspromotions/promosummary

Travel April – May 2013

Headlines..

Shanghai £529 rtn
    Cebu £559
    Phuket £559

edit to add
    Business Class Offers….
    Beijing & Singapore £2,519
    Bali £2,719
    Sydney £2,959

Planning to fly regularly? Sign up for Cathay’s specials newsletter here ..

http://www.cathaypacific.com/cpa/en_GB/offerspromotions/cxpecialssubscription

MartynSinclair
    Participant

all classes or just economy?

Binman62
    Participant

Sadly look like it is just M class though there are some fares in business sub £2600. The deals ex the EU are still some considerable way ahead of these business class fares.

tarisingh
    Participant

excellent fares in premium economy as well

MartynSinclair
    Participant

BA have retained my business for my next BKK trip with an ex-Europe fare, sub £2,000 plus full flexibilty with changes. Yes I have a schleeep into Europe and back, but the added benefit of being able to change the flight timings once departed, makes this ticket for me, very worthwhile.

Could have gone from London (on BA) with no changes permitted for £2,100 & I was tempted by the KLM fare of £1,350, but this was from AMS and KLM would not link the UK to AMS fare.

Cathay in business was £3,000+

The only change I may make is to try and use avios + upgrade voucher nearer my departure date – then refund my original ticket.

Life is still good at 51.

MarcusUK
    Participant

Martyn. I booked the same with KLM for a trip to BKK ( but eventually on to Malaysia), for £1070 ex AMS. (Around Euros 1,430)

Yes, KLM was more Ex London by £500.
    So, as usual, I booked a Cityjet return Ex LCY £99.
    KLM return from LHR was also £99.

This return Business Class on KLM “Z”, does enable a change for a fee of Euros 200.

Often i save huge amounts by booking BIz seats ex Europe, and merely take a £100 return from London.
    It also saves much in paying The UK Government its £350 + tax for long haul flights! Fundamentally, I object to this, so my long haul flights will be ex Eu gateways now…

Booking two seats fro BKK with KLM Ex AMS for 2, has saved over £1,900 on this trip! They also have recently changed the flight from an old 747 Combi, to the new 777-300ER!

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Marcus, by using ex-Europe and being able to change the ticket, allows me to use the 4th sector, i.e back to starting point in Europe, as my first sector for next trip.

Most ex Europe BA tickets (cheap business class) are non changeable, but there are one or two departure points (countries) that allow changes and no penalty refunds.

Binman62
    Participant

Martyn

Can you post the details of the flexible fares. I can only find restricted ex EU with 200 euro stopover fees in LHR. As a result tend to dump the
    Sat sector but would prefer not to do so.

Thanks

MartynSinclair
    Participant

ex Milan – cant find the fare code but the fare rules which I automatically save as part of my E ticket confirm:

“No penalties unless otherwise specified. Refund without penalty permiited at any time. Unlimited changes without penalty at any time a change is a date / or flight / or routing change”

……and before my spelling is checked “permitted” was spelt with 2 i’s as above!

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Binman62 – found the fare codes – the Milan to Heathrow is J class and the Heathrow to BKK is I class.

Similar fares from Germany and other ex Europe did not have the same flexibility.

AndyInSweden
    Participant

Hi MartynSinclair and Binman62,

Just want to add that BA offers TLV-LHR-BKK-LHR-TLV return in I-cls at USD2400 nett on a fully flexible ticket.

If you buy this ticket (and travel all 4 sectors) you would earn 560 tier points (I think). Not bad for USD2400 + taxes/charges/surcharges…

FirstClassWannabe
    Participant

Hi MarcusUK. What a fantastic deal. Where did you get it from?

BigDog.
    Participant

And now Qatar, voted World’s Best Airline 2011 and 2012 has a 3 day sale

http://www.qatarairways.com/uk/en/homepage.page

Headlines… from LHR

Dubai Economy £400 Business £1660
    Bangkok £550 £1715
    HongKong £545
    Melbourne £905 £2780

From Manchester

Jo’berg £ 575
    Dubai £375 £1640
    Bangkok £570 £1690
    Hong Kong £550 £1645

http://www.qatarairways.com/uk/en/special-offers.page

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls