carry-on bags

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Anonymous

Sunshine
    Participant

Can anyone recommend a suitable bag to carry onto a flight that could replace a backpack or laptop bag? (I don’t need a bag to replace check in luggage; have a good bag for carry on luggage)

I currently use a backpack with a decent padded compartment for a laptop and space for documents and books (much like the average laptop bag). Instead I’d like a bag that can easily hold a laptop and documents, but also has ‘open space’ for travel essentials (hold that last minute duty free purchase, books, newspapers, bottle of water, spare jumper etc.)

All the bags I have seen that fall into this category are either very well suited to holding laptops and work documents (so lots of filo-style compartments) or are just loose open bags with no sections for a laptop.

Nothing seems to bridge the two… any help?

judynagy
    Participant

I am VERY happy with a new rollaboard with two outside pockets, one for the laptop and one for the paperwork in a plastic envelope. Easy to grab the laptop at security, then slide it right back in.

Into my backpack goes anything I want during the flight plus all kinds of junk; I hang it on the rollaboard walking through the airport.

I find it much more comfortable to use the backpack if I ever have to actually carry my computer (or any other heavy stuff like that champagne from duty free) around. Once onboard, I’ve trained myself to grab the laptop and paperwork, stuff them into the backpack and put it under the seat in front of me before I throw the rollaboard up in the overhead.

GlobalTravellerTom
    Participant

I found myself asking the same question last year. I travel a fair amount with work and for pleasure. I also have plenty of gadgets and files with me at all times.

I spent some time checking out various brands, but by far the best I found was Swissgear. I have included the link to the bag I chose below.

I did go for this model to test the brand out with a view to going for a higher model at somepoint this year. The problem is I use this bag 6 days a week and it still looks and feels brand new.

It has a pouch/section for everything. Plenty of large space for last min purchases at the airport, one of the best laptop sections I have seen and the stuff pocket at the top is very handy.

Hope this helps.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Swissgear-GA-7305-14F00-Synergy-15-4-inch-Backpack/dp/B000NONHYY/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1268947585&sr=1-5

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls