Carluccio’s, Dubai International Airport, T3, A Gates, Dubai, UAE

Back to Forum
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• Anonymous

uggboylovestravel
    Participant

July 2015, Our lunch

Originally we had assumed our flights would leave on both occasions from Dubai International Airport Terminal 3, the A Gates and had planned to go to Carluccio’s and Jack’s. It didn’t work out that way. We left to Kuala Lumpur at the B Gates, but were lucky on the way to Dublin.

We thought the time was going to be a bit tight to go to Jack’s so we headed for Carluccio’s.

We were welcomed with a smile and brought to a table in front of the open kitchen.

The interior was contemporary.

Originally we wanted to order juices, but they were already finished, so we had two still Al Ain water, one Penne Arrabiata, a Pizza Salami and one Amarena cherry ice cream Sundae.

The staff was efficient and friendly.

Our meal arrived quickly and was hot and fresh. It was delicious and the arrabiata not too spicy. The Sundae wasn’t too sweet and very indulgent.

We paid 183 AED (ca. 45.15 Euro or ca. 49.85 USD).

We enjoyed our visit, so we would return again, when connecting or departing from Terminal 3, the A Gates.

Would we recommend this outlet to a friend? YES!
    Would we eat here again at this outlet? YES!

Andrew66
    Participant

I find Al Ain water ok , but much prefer a Pellegrino instead , I always like to go to Carluccio’s when I go to Bluewater . I might trot over to T3 when next in Dubai , I’m usually in T1 , must try a Sundae next time , that sounds very nice .

uggboylovestravel
    Participant

@Andrew66, glad you enjoy Carluccio’s, yes, it’s worth a visit when at T3 @DXB. In regards to Al Ain, it’s our favorite UAE water so far, plus San Pelegrino is sparkling, while Aqua Panna also produced by San Pelegrino would be still water, we like that very much too. Yes, the Sundae was gorgeous, refreshing and tasty, as was all the food we had during our short visit before our flight to DUB.

Cheers, safe travels.

Andrew66
    Participant

Always enjoy eating out in Dubai , the service is always fantastic , shame I have to wait til November !! Already planning my nights out ! Lol

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Thanks Uggboy, nice review as always. Personally I avoid Italian restaurants when travelling as I get the real McCoy living in Lugano with Northern Italy just ten minutes away. However the Sundae does sound great and I’d go there just for that!

This just made me think of Knickerbockerglories! Are they still made anywhere?

uggboylovestravel
    Participant

@Andrew66, enjoy your November visit to Dubai, happy planning, sounds good to me.

@LuganoPirate, thanks for your compliments. Glad you’ve access to the real “McCoy” only 10 minutes away. In regards to the Sundae at Carluccio’s, yes, the ice cream and cherries are delicious indeed. Very memorable. Oh Knickerbockerglories, haven’t seen/eaten them in a longer time now.

Cheers, safe travels to both of you.

Andrew66
    Participant

LP , I remember eating KBG s in Wimpy when about 7 years old !! Used to have an ice cream float too , scoop of vanilla in a glass of Coke !! Very 1970s :- )

Kentflyer
    Participant

Glad to hear you had a great meal. They also operate a site in the Dubai Mall with an outside terrace overlooking the dancing fountains – for those can stand the heat. Doubt I will be eating outside too much once I am there in 2 weeks – still, the restaurant at Bluewater is also a fave of mine. Whilst we’re on the subject, anyone know of a good but inexpensive place to go for Friday brunch? I have done the Burj and the Jumeriah ones but looking for a good one but not too flashy!!

Andrew66
    Participant

Hi , I’ve never done the brunch in Dubai , I might try sometime in the future but it doesn’t really appeal to me , we love the Mall and the fountains and will eat out there when we visit .
    One place we tried last year that we loved was RW1 , which is Gary Rhodes restaurant at the Grosvenor Hotel , totally superb food and great place , nice cocktail bar outside too , really brilliant service and I thought reasonably priced too for a treat .
    There are other really nice restaurants too at the GH and try Bar 44 for a drink and view .
    Also amazing cars parked up outside the GH !! 🙂 very nice place for a night out !

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls