Car Rental Excess Annual Policy UK

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

  • Kopite

    I am a British citizen living in Singapore with a full UK driving license, and I travel to the UK 3-4 times a year and always rent a car.

    I want to take out an excess reimbursement policy but all the insurance companies I have seen previously recommended like require you to be “resident in the UK” to access their insurance offers.

    What can I do? These policies are usually around GBP49 per annum.

    Is there anyone that will offer me an excess reimbursement policy for my occasional UK visits, when I’m driving on a British license, but not normally resident in the UK?



    When I lived abroad, Questor Insurance provided a policy I found suitable.

    The last policy I took out was in 2014, so I don’t have recent experience of this aspect.


    My wife and I have used for many years.


    If you have an American Express Platinum Card it might be worth checking on their car insurance cover as it very comprehensive when paying with it. Naturally the car hire companies do not like these benefits being offered


    I’m now over covered. 2 credit cards, a worldwide travel insurance from Zurich as well as our household insurance, all offer full CDW.
    Maybe check those options?

    Living in Switzerland there was a time when I had cover only for UK residents. However I informed them I live in Switzerland and the policy had my Swiss address on it and there was no problem. Try calling the company, they may still offer you cover.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller November 2022 edition
Business Traveller November 2022 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below