Car hire company shenanigans… Avis

Back to Forum

This topic contains 151 replies, has 38 voices, and was last updated by  norbert2008 12 Dec 2017
at 12:39

Viewing 2 posts - 151 through 152 (of 152 total)

• SimonS1
    Participant

We had an Avis car in Florida in July which my partner booked via BA holidays.

Long wait at the pick up as one harassed agent was trying to deal with an ever increasing queue of people.

Eventually got to the counter, they tried to sell us a satnav at something over $10 a day…..when we got to the car there was a satnav pre-installed as standard on that class of car!!

They try to sell you a tank of fuel and to emphasis the point, behind the Orlando pick up counter there was a big sign saying ‘local cost of fuel $2.12 a gallon’. Of course off the airport complex the real cost was between $1.91 and $1.94 a gallon.

You have to watch like a hawk…..I stand by what I said a couple of years ago, I would rather have a red hot poker stuck up my backside than voluntarily deal with these people. Reputationally I would put them on a par with the utility companies, that is somewhere between the banks and those nasty brown things you try and avoid stepping in on the pavement.

norbert2008
    Participant

Ok everyone I won too, via PR for Avis in UK. Took less than 2 hours for Director of Avis to call me. I would recommend using this route on everything. I did tell him was very impressed with Avis outside PR team. Good luck everyone.

Viewing 2 posts - 151 through 152 (of 152 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
BTUK October 2018 issue
BTUK October 2018 issue
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls