Captain’s Announcement

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Anonymous

Moadweeb
    Participant

I was on an EasyJet flight on 03-Oct-2013 from MXP-AMS and the flight was delayed by 1 hour in total. Once boarded, the captain apologized for this delay very politely and explained that this aircraft was ‘Hijacked’ for this route last minute !! I found this hilarious for a captain to use this taboo word on a commercial aircraft..

Anyone else have such comic experiences with the crew announcement ?

..Moadweeb

BA4ever
    Participant

Not a first hand experience but there was an Olympic Airways captain whose name was the Greek equivalent of Death.
    Imagine the look on passengers’ faces when they heard “good morning ladies and gentlemen, my name is Captain Death and I’d like to welcome you on board blah blah blah…”

Bunnahabhain
    Participant

At LHR one time we were welcomed by the captain aboard this flight to London Heathrow. Well it was London Airways after all. Reminded me of the Hale & Pace Yorkshire Airways sketch where the flight is taking off and landing in Yorkshire, because anywhere else isn’t worth visiting. And the yoke pulls a pint!

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Good reminder Bunnahabhain. For those who’ve not seen it, just search Yorkshire Airways in YouTube.

Many years ago flying I think Eastern from NY to Miami, the Captain announced “All aboard” followed by a train whistle as we pushed back. Memorable even after 40 years!

DavidGordon10
    Participant

On a tiny plane flown by American Eagle from La Guardia to Charlottesville, the captain annonced there was no restroom … and if you needed “to go” please do not try the little door at the back of the plane…..

Later, there was a loud “Ooops” from the flight deck, following a very near miss, clearly visibly through the open flight deck door, as we flew over Washington.

Swissdiver
    Participant

Talking about HiJack, have a look at this hilarious video (some Middle East experience might be required though): http://www.ted.com/talks/maz_jobrani_a_saudi_an_indian_and_an_iranian_walk_into_a_qatari_bar.html

BA4ever
    Participant

That was brilliant, thanks for sharing, Swissdiver!

BTW, is anybody familiar with this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HY4Qirst_g You’re supposed to start it on your laptop on board an American plane. Freaking scary!!!

Swissdiver

Thanks…that man is a hoot!!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls