Capetonian – R.I.P.

Back to Forum
Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

• CrazyCanuck
    Participant

RIP….quality is always recognised….

2 users thanked author for this post.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Thanks to everyone for their comments.

He was a lively character and I greatly enjoyed his company. I spoke to Mrs. Capetonian yesterday and she is touched and grateful for all your comments, and asked you all to raise a glass of (if possible South African) red to his memory. She is doing as well as can be expected and of course greatly misses him – though time is a great healer.

K1ngston
    Participant

I have only just seen this RIP kind sir always a great contributor ….

edawnedsram
    Participant

Also just seen the post…….my sincere condolences to his family

1 user thanked author for this post.

alainboy56
    Participant

Have also just seen this post, sad news – we often had similar views on life in this big crazy world — RIP ‘captonianm’ and sincere thoughts to his family

stuckinthailand
    Participant

Very sorry to learn it, never met but always appreciate his straightforwardness, RIP

traveldoc
    Participant

I had missed his posts of late and feared for the worst. Great poster – informed, witty and sometimes controversial – but always insightful and pertinent. Sad loss.

EruditeSheep
    Participant

This is indeed sad news. As a fan of Cape Town and indeed South Africa in general, I have always valued Capetonian’s many contributions to the Forum. I shall miss his humour and the wealth of advice/knowledge that he has provided over the years. My condolences to Mrs C and family.

IanFromHKG
    Participant

Dear LP, although it seems strange to give thanks for this sort of news, thank you for letting us all know. Although he and I never met, and we sometimes (but rarely!) clashed, I still consider capetonianm to be one of the several virtual friends I have made in this forum, and am very sad to hear of his passing. I am glad you have passed on to Mrs C the many good wishes from posters on here, and add my own to the list.
    Ian

3 users thanked author for this post.

Seat62k
    Participant

Very very sad. His posts were always worth reading.
    He took no prisoners and was a voice of reason.
    The forum will miss him greatly.

Condolences to his family

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls