Capetonian – R.I.P.

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

• LuganoPirate
    Participant

I don’t know if anyone knows, but I just had news from his son, that Capetonian passed away in July.

Thanks to the Forum we got to know each other and became friends. He even visited me with his wife at our home on the Reserve in South Africa. We were often in WhatsApp and email correspondence – though as others who know me, know, that my response time to emails is rather slow, as was his!!!

I shall miss him as I’ll miss his good humour, wit and sometimes controversial posts 😉

RIP Capetonian as you continue your travels in the great beyond!

SimonS1
    Participant

Really sorry to hear that. RIP.

2 users thanked author for this post.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Very sad news. RIP Capetonian. Only comfort and happy memories to Mrs C and family.

Martyn

SGJNI1961
    Participant

Such sad news, I found he contributed a lot with his own particular view of the world (South Africa especially) and I often agreed with him. Hopefully he didn’t suffer and his family are coping and coming to terms with their loss. I shall miss him.

JohnnyG
    Participant

Sad loss, he broadened my mind, especially about South Africa as SGJNI1961 said. I also hope that he had a peaceful end. RIP

Swissdiver
    Participant

Thank you, LP, for the information. I haven’t had the chance to meet Capetonian in the real world, but enjoyed reading him here. My thoughts are with his family and beloved ones.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Inquisitive
    Participant

Sorry to hear this news. RIP Capetonian.

PatJordan
    Participant

Thank you LP for sharing this sad news. I always enjoyed Capetonian’s posts.

Deepest condolences to Mrs. C and family.

cwoodward
    Participant

So very sad to hear. I too had been missing his posts and in fact was intending to email Tom asking if he had any news of Capetonian.I enjoyed his witty often pithy posts and updates on SA. Sincere condolences to his family and friends………..the forum will be poorer for his passing.

BA789
    Participant

Sorry to hear this.
    MHSRIP

Stevescoots
    Participant

Sad news, I never met him in person but a long term poster who will no doubt be missed by many. RIP

canucklad
    Participant

Thanks for sharing LP. Read the sad news on a my clunky mobile app . don’t normally log on my laptop at the weekend , but want to share my thoughts.
    I’ll personally miss capetonianm , his comments balanced the views on the forum and I can only reiterate the fine comments previously made.

I shall pour myself a fine Cape wine and raise a glass in memory

BPP
    Participant

I did not know Capetonian, but his posts were allways pertinent and appropriate. I do hope he finds peace in the skys beyond and sincere condolences to his family.
    BPP

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Nearly 3,500 posts on the forum, over many years.
    We are grateful for his company.
    Our thoughts are with his family and friends.
    Tom

SimonRowberry
    Participant

This is really sad news. I never had the pleasure of meeting him but he was always a lively poster. Thanks for letting us all know, LP. My condolences to his family.
    Simon

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Cover of November 2020 - January 2021 edition of Business Traveller
Cover of November 2020 - January 2021 edition of Business Traveller
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls