Cannot book with BA Amex voucher

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• PhilbLND
    Participant

I wanted to see if anyone else is having an issue making a booking with BA using an Amex companion voucher.

Every time I enter the information it just returns an error message. I have tried on multiple routes, classes and across all four of my outstanding vouchers. Same error each time.

I know there is availability because the avios search (without selecting a voucher) works and I can see the seats I want.

Trying to understand if this is a general problem or specific to my vouchers.

Many thanks

1 user thanked author for this post.

ASK1945
    Participant

I have just checked for myself and have the same problem. I guess either wait until tomorrow to try again or try to get through by phone.

I do know that for the weekend after next BA have announced that Avios bookings (and other transactions) will be difficult for a few days. Maybe it’s every weeknd until then.

2 users thanked author for this post.

PhilbLND
    Participant

Thanks for checking, at least I know not just my account.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Alan
    Participant

Had the same issue on Sunday 31st October. Decided to call up, got through after about 15 minutes and was able to book over the phone. Call handler was very efficient and helpful, all done in about 10 minutes, but did cost me £30 for the privilege. However, was juggling an exceptionally good offer for connecting flights and hotel via BA holidays, so worth it to lock that in

ZombieSheep
    Participant

I had a similar issue, with first not showing on a connection let when I added the companion voucher. I called BA and they were great, but they did own up that there are still issues with using the companion vouchers online. So, always worth calling if there is anything odd about the options showing.

Greg
    Participant

I would have challenged the £30 fee because that is for not booking online. In your case (and mine previously) I was unable to book online so had no alternative, They dropped the charge.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls