Cancellations .. BA VS & AA

Back to Forum
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• Anonymous

Bullfrog
    Participant

I am aware of the BA and VS cancellation policies .

BA on Avios allows all mileage award tickets to be refunded up to 24 hours prior to departure with a fee of £40 and all miles returned.

VS penalises 25 % mileage deduction up to 7 days prior, and 75 % within 7 days for cancellations. Although route option can be held for use up to one year from booking, depending on availability, without penalty.

I would appreciate clarification of the rules for AA.

HongKongLady
    Participant

I thought Virgin’s 75 % kicked in earlier than that, so thanks for that Bullfrog. Sorry I have no idea about AA

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Bullfrog – if Gold, BAEC, the £40 does not apply, hence why European avios is such a superb reward system…

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Just booked a VS ticket using Amex – quite shocked to have been charged 1.5% added charge……

Shearer
    Participant

That’s ’cause Amex s***w everybody.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

NIRscot – don’t want to shatter any illusions but VS also charge for VISA/MasterCard as well. Only freebie appears to be debit cards:)

ANDREWYOUNG1
    Participant

If you book through the Amex travel service – no fees for paying with Amex. Unless I’m using miles and thus have to book directly I always use them to avoid the fee levied by the airlines. (Crucial point there – it’s the airlines that levy that, not the card issuer/authoriser – the airlines unlike any other retailer or hotel have all just decided not to absorb the costs!)

ImissConcorde
    Participant

ANDREWYOUNG1 – Have to disagree almost most business accepting a credit card will levy an extra charge (my local council, cinema)

ANDREWYOUNG1
    Participant

Rarely a retailer or a hotel, as per my comment though. Airlines are major companies – when was the last time you were asked to pay a surcharge for paying by credit card in a high street shop or at a major hotel?!

Irons80
    Participant

Crowne Plaza Hotel in Manchester charges 1.5% specifically if you pay with Amex.
    I haven’t stayed with them for a while, but last time all Macdonald Hotels charged a CC fee

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls