Cancellations .. BA VS & AA

Back to Forum

This topic contains 10 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Irons80 17 Jul 2013
at 00:34

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• Anonymous

Bullfrog
    Participant

I am aware of the BA and VS cancellation policies .

BA on Avios allows all mileage award tickets to be refunded up to 24 hours prior to departure with a fee of £40 and all miles returned.

VS penalises 25 % mileage deduction up to 7 days prior, and 75 % within 7 days for cancellations. Although route option can be held for use up to one year from booking, depending on availability, without penalty.

I would appreciate clarification of the rules for AA.

HongKongLady
    Participant

I thought Virgin’s 75 % kicked in earlier than that, so thanks for that Bullfrog. Sorry I have no idea about AA

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Bullfrog – if Gold, BAEC, the £40 does not apply, hence why European avios is such a superb reward system…

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Just booked a VS ticket using Amex – quite shocked to have been charged 1.5% added charge……

NIRscot
    Participant

That’s ’cause Amex s***w everybody.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

NIRscot – don’t want to shatter any illusions but VS also charge for VISA/MasterCard as well. Only freebie appears to be debit cards:)

ANDREWYOUNG1
    Participant

If you book through the Amex travel service – no fees for paying with Amex. Unless I’m using miles and thus have to book directly I always use them to avoid the fee levied by the airlines. (Crucial point there – it’s the airlines that levy that, not the card issuer/authoriser – the airlines unlike any other retailer or hotel have all just decided not to absorb the costs!)

ImissConcorde
    Participant

ANDREWYOUNG1 – Have to disagree almost most business accepting a credit card will levy an extra charge (my local council, cinema)

ANDREWYOUNG1
    Participant

Rarely a retailer or a hotel, as per my comment though. Airlines are major companies – when was the last time you were asked to pay a surcharge for paying by credit card in a high street shop or at a major hotel?!

Irons80
    Participant

Crowne Plaza Hotel in Manchester charges 1.5% specifically if you pay with Amex.
    I haven’t stayed with them for a while, but last time all Macdonald Hotels charged a CC fee

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls