cancel Avios BA booking

Back to Forum
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

• cesca
    Participant

Hi
    1) In May I booked a return flight to Italy for August 2020 through Avios BA executive club. I would like to change the return date asap but when on ‘Manage my booking’ I click on ‘change my dates’ it says it cannot be done online and that I need to contact a BA office. And this is impossible of course. Any advice?

2) Does Avios charge for changing the booking? Not too clear.
    Many thanks.

ASK1945
    Participant

For the moment you have to make the changes through phoning (as described on other threads).

Try after 5 pm as it seems to be a bit easier to get through – but even when you do, you may have to wait a while to actually speak to an agent.

I don’t know about any charges now. When I once made a change, a long while ago, I wasn’t charged.

1 user thanked author for this post.

cesca
    Participant

Thanks. I’ll keep trying.

Montysaurus
    Participant

It costs £35 per person to change an Avios booking.

cesca
    Participant

Even now? BA waives flight change fees.

Johnnyg
    Participant

[postquote quote=1000007][/postquote]

Does that apply even if they cancel the flight(s)

YorkshireTraveller
    Participant

Try at different times of day, last time it only took 15 mins to get through. otherwise they can do changes to booking via DM on Twitter.

Montysaurus
    Participant

The £35 per passenger charge was made to a booking for November that I changed in April. It wasn’t for a cancelled flight but one that I changed to hopefully travel in normal circumstances next March. I can’t comment on changes to cancelled flights as I don’t know but would be surprised if there were a charge in those circumstances. Cesca appears to be voluntarily changing a flight as I did.

1 user thanked author for this post.

VMR Travel UK
    Participant

Here is a trade update on their Book With Confidence Policy:
    https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/traveltrade
    Hope that will help you,

Martin

cesca
    Participant

Thanks. I managed to talk to BA. It turns out that clicking on the Avios box when booking a British Executive ticket doesn’t mean “booking with avios”. This means I could change the ticket without paying £35. I found out about this when managed to talk to someone. I decided to get a voucher for the ticket I could not change online (???). Nevertheless I didn’t want to change it on the phone as the cost was higher. I was told it was because the booking office is 15 minutes ahead on what you see online. I knew that is not correct. They charge for doing it on the phone. Sorry for the extra long reply… And thanks for updated website, somebody else will find it useful.

Johnnyg
    Participant

I contacted BA this morning after they cancelled my LGW – Salzburg sector returning to LHR.

What a friendly helpful lady she was, pleasant voice, said they were busy but these are stressful times for everyone.

Avios back in my account in minutes.

Connected in seconds, call 10 mins in total.

FaroFlyer
    Participant

I cancelled a couple of Avios bookings last Friday. Miles were back in minutes, but the ~ €1,000 fees for both bookings, 2 PAX, took a disgraceful 24 hours.! Where do I complain?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls