Canada brings back “random Covid testing”

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• AMcWhirter
    Participant

In case any of you are travelling to Canada in the near future I thought I ought to share this copy with you.

Registration required to read the full article.

independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/covid-canada-testing-hotel-quarantine-b2138848.html

At time of writing the policy does not apply to all gateway airports.

Please remember that changes are possible.

1 user thanked author for this post.

CathayLoyalist2
    Participant

My daughter and family arrived In Vancouver two weeks ago and the youngest was randomly selected for a test. Duly went to a Pharmacy. swab taken and never heard another word.

Charles
    Participant

I arrived 2 weeks ago and others were pulled out for testing in Vancouver.

Jon Arnold
    Participant

Thanks for the heads up….I’d not take the risk going to Canada with this policy in place…and it’s bizarre when you think about what most other countries are doing; scrapping ALL covid travel restrictions. This site has been excellent in tracking all the changing restrictions with an easy to follow world map; https://www.kayak.co.uk/travel-restrictions?

jsn55
    Participant

This seems crazy. I read about it earlier and seem to remember that the authorities will ‘send you an email’ if you’re supposed to get tested’. What’s to stop anyone from not reading the email or just ignoring it? I don’t understand why the Canadian government is behaving so illogically. We arrive in Quebec City a month from now and I’m disappointed that Canada is being so lame.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls