Can Norse survive?

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

• jjlasne
    Participant

I would definitely accept more smoked salmon from Norway in the San Francisco Bay area, especially since my local Scandinavian market closed due to poor market conditions (covid).

cwoodward
    Participant

I would describe French Blue as primarily a ‘Holiday’ airline as the core of its routes (and passengers) are to French colony holiday destinations.
    Its foray into the US other than Miami is perhaps a step too far -time will tell.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

[quote quote=1351396]Would you consider French Bee an LCC? They do fly year-round from Paris-Orly to San Francisco and on to Papeete on their Airbus A350′ s offering a lot of seats. I would surmise they are not losing money.[/quote]

On its website French Bee calls itself “low cost et long courrier francaise.”

Seating is dense. There’s an extra seat across in both premium and economy.

So A330 is 2-3-2 in premium and 3-3-3 in Y.

With the A350 it’s 2-3-2 premium and 3-4-3 in Y.

onajetplane
    Participant

Interesting to see the recent announcement for LGW outbounds of increase for leisure heavy services (FLL/MCO) for W23/24, and yet a reduction to BOS/IAD… probably indicative of the direction of the business model…

AMcWhirter
    Participant

[quote quote=1357835]probably indicative of the direction of the business model…[/quote]

Indeed.

This winter Norse is moving into the Caribbean market flying out of LGW.

We shall be posting details soon but it’s the first time any LCC (from Europe) has served several destinations in the Caribbean.

It also launching flights to Bangkok this winter (just as Norwegian did some years ago) but these will depart Oslo – see separate Forum thread.

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls