can i get my miles and tier points

Back to Forum
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

• Anonymous

jasonr01
    Participant

I am due to fly to Amman Jordan soon and my customer has booked and is paying for my travel. They have booked Royal Jordanian which is part of the one world alliance. The flights will be operated by BA. as a silver member with BA can anyone advise if I can get full tier points and miles for these flights.

Thanks in advance

flier74
    Participant

yes you will. depending on ticket type you will get

restricted M 572 miles and 30 TP
    flexible M 2287 Miles and 60 TP
    Club 2859 Miles and 120TP

per sector.
    You can check it out on BA.com and its executive club section.
    Hope this helps

VintageKrug
    Participant

Spot on. Here is the link so you can check out the miles earning potential on future trips:

http://www.britishairways.com/travel/calculatemilesandpoints/public/en_gb

jasonr01
    Participant

Thanks for the info, Im booked in on business class. As i usually now stick with BA i didnt know as this is booked direct with RJ if i would get the tier ponts and miles

ZaabSethna
    Participant

BEWARE you may not receive TP or miles. I checked the link that VintageKrug cites and then purchased a business class ticket from RJ.com in July. When I applied to BA for credit they informed me this fare class was not eligible for either TP or miles. I spent GBP1700 for a one way business class ticket! Am absolutely livid with both BA and RJ and will stick with BMI on this route in future.
    Note that your flight will not be operated by BA as you state above. BA do not fly this route.

ZaabSethna
    Participant

The lesson is do not rely on
    http://www.britishairways.com/travel/calculatemilesandpoints/public/en_gb
    as it is misleading.

jasonr01
    Participant

Thats Rough,
    I have already spoken with my guy from BA who say’s i will get the miles and tier points but although he is 98% of the time very very good its the other 2% that is concerning me especially as i am on the trial of gold membership by end of this year and these points will make a big difference. Class i am booked on is business D class going and business C coming back.

flier74
    Participant

Jason, I am sure you will get the miles and tier points. I never had problems getting my miles and Tier points crefited. D&C Class are eligible booking classes for MIleage and TP accruel. IN case they do not credited immediately just keep hold of your e ticket number and boarding cards and check with RJ that your BA details are in the booking.

ZaabSethna
    Participant

I booked my ticket online through rj.com where there is no indication of what the booking class is. BA now inform me that it was Z class but there was no way to see that on rj.com.
    A few weeks later I booked a restricted economy on rj.com expecting to get 25% of TP and miles and BA now inform me that it was in Q class which also gets no miles or TP. Absolutely infuriating and I will concentrate on Star Alliance from now on.

jasonr01
    Participant

Zaabsethna, Sorry to hear all the problems. As i said in my previous correspondance I use a guy in BA that really looks after me.
    He is aware that i want my miles and points with every flight. He can also book the other parnters within the one world alliance and tells me what miles i will get in advance ( providing I ask him of course).
    I hope he wont mind but his e-mail address is <a href="mailto:[email protected]“>[email protected]
    he will help you out. Whilst i have used star alliance it often means stop overs or transfering onto another plane which is all additional time and effort. The quicker and easier you get there the better as far as im concerned

VintageKrug
    Participant

I would strongly recommend people’s email addresses are not posted publicly.

Apart from opening the individual to large amounts of BA-related questions, spambots comb the net for such emails posted on forums and target them with spam etc.

A nice thought, though.

Always worth booking via telephone in situations where mileage earning may not be clear.We now have two threads running on this same issue which is not ideal:

http://www.businesstraveller.com/discussion/topic/BA.com-deception#last_post

jasonr01
    Participant

oops, only thought as i know he gives me good service.
    Do this site have moderators, can they remove?

VintageKrug
    Participant

Just push the edit post button and edit away!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls