California Xmas

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

• canucklad
    Participant

Hi AOTG….

If cost is a definite issue I would consider the following routing…. Apologies that I don’t have time to check fares, maybe Tim can help….

Firstly keep an eye on FR/EI deals from EDI >DUB>EDI and book separately, you’ve now avoided APD,,,,,,,,

EI from Dublin to LAX or a choice of DL/UA or US to their hubs…..I noticed that you could probably return from Orange County via ORD….

The main benefit I can see is that you’re pre-clearing US customs in Dublin…I would imagine that in these sequestration times , the Christmas period is going to be particularly painful….more travellers travelling and more officers on holiday !!

AllOverTheGaff
    Participant

Hi Canucklad

Cost *is* an issue, as it always is, however the lack of connections would be a bigger incentive for me, even if that means having to fly via LHR.

I am very tempted to do AA on the was out to SFO and BA’s A380 on the way back, both via LHR, this gives me a bit of fun whilst flying – I’ve got AA booked for a business trip in Nov via JFK, quite looking forward to it and if it is half as good as it looks, might be a real winner for all my future transatlantic business.

I’ve read a few reports on Air Lingus but their non-lie-flat just puts me right off, I’ve only done non-lie-flat’s once recently and didn’t sleep a wink.

Rgds.
    AOTG.

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls