Caledonian Sleeper – huge rise in passenger complaints

Back to Forum

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  alistairNicoll 16 Jan 2020
at 14:11

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• AMcWhirter
    Participant

https://www.scotsman.com/news/transport/caledonian-sleeper-passenger-complaints-soar-by-221-1-5072826

And yesterday ORR published the time it was taking the TOCs and open access firms (like Hull Trains and Grand Central) to respond to passenger complaints.

Not only did Cal Sleeper have the highest number of complaints (there were more than twice as many complaints as were received by Virgin Trains West Coast) but its response rate for dealing with these was the worst.

ORR’s stats. PDF.

https://dataportal.orr.gov.uk/media/1656/passenger-rail-service-complaints-2019-20-q2.pdf

Tasclean
    Participant

Took the overnight to Ft William a few years ago – dinner ex London consisted of a warmed-up pie or somesuch that took 40 mins to get because steward said one of two food warmers had gone u/s and there was a queue.. Wouldnt work in an iron lung that mob, so no surprise this ‘service’ leads the complaints list.

alistairNicoll
    Participant

Reading the post I thought this was a staggering achievement for CS to have more complaints than Virgin until I followed the link and it was per 100,000 passengers.

1 user thanked author for this post.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Reading the post I thought this was a staggering achievement for CS to have more complaints than Virgin until I followed the link and it was per 100,000 passengers.

Yes. Sorry about that. Ought to have made that point clear. But look at how long Cal Sleeper is taking to answer its complaints.

On another thread it’s noted that the Cal Sleeper MD is stepping down.

alistairNicoll
    Participant

Yes I saw that he was leaving – just what the defence industry needs.

Easy mistake to make and yes their record of answering is a disgrace and does not say a lot for the customer focus. Quite frankly to miss the target by such a margin should result in a heavy fine.

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller December 2019 / January 2020 edition
Business Traveller December 2019 / January 2020 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls