Cabin Temperature

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

• MartynSinclair
    Participant

certain style of seats retain body heat more…

canucklad
    Participant

Morning Papillion

Just read your Valentine’s Day post.

Just to correct you, we can also get overheated, simply thinking about “Shenanigans”.

Off for a cold shower before my first meeting! LOL

Martyn, you’re right about the seats. Short haul prefer leather, long haul fabric !

judynagy
    Participant

I’m almost always too warm on a plane unless there’s lots of air moving through the vent. It’s better to keep the cabin cool because people can wrap up to get warm … if you’re too hot there’s little to be done. I just love checking into a nice hotel after a 10-hour flight in a hot airplane, little can make you feel more bedraggled.

judynagy
    Participant

I’m almost always too warm on a plane unless there’s lots of air moving through the vent. It’s better to keep the cabin cool because people can wrap up to get warm … if you’re too hot there’s little to be done. I just love checking into a nice hotel after a 10-hour flight in a hot airplane, nothing can make you feel more bedraggled.

VOLARE33
    Participant

Something to remember: some passengers will be carrying medications which have to be held below 25 degrees C. That temperature is not unknown in cabins. Amazingly, BA expressly refuses (online) to “keep medications cool”. Those affected will have extremely strong feelings on the subject.

ChrisJR
    Participant

I flew in F with BA to Washington in December – it was so cold I had jumper, jacket and scarf on! I had a similar experience with Qatar last year too – on the way to Doha from LHR, I was heading to SE Asia so had no jumper or jacket with me – I had to have two blankets and still couldn’t stop shivering. Having said that, 90% of the time it is too hot on a long haul flight so I am usual stripped down to short, t-shirt and no shoes / socks. Nothing makes me feel more lousy than hot feet and hot legs!

BEYbrit
    Participant

always, always, 90% always too hot.

ZKSmith
    Participant

I got chatting to an engineer on a particularly cold flight the other day. He told me that flight attendants have very limited authority over cabin temperature – they can typically only adjust it up or down by a couple of degrees. Cabin temperature is set in the cockpit by the pilots, but even they can’t set it to extreme highs or lows. The engineer said very cold flights are generally because there is a problem with temperature sensors onboard, so the A/C system thinks the aircraft is warmer than it really is, so continually tries to cool the cabin.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls