Cabin Crew of BA

Back to Forum
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

• Anonymous

NewBAexec
    Participant

Having flown with BA quite a few times recently from LHR and LGW, I find that I’ve had a much better and positive experience flying from LGW.

Is it just me or the cabin crew at LGW, especially the stewardesses, are way more friendly and accommodating than the crew at LHR?

If only they did more routes out of LGW. Best place to travel from if you are flying BA, especially if you have kids or on business.

Bring back the JFK flights!

flyingpenguin
    Participant

I quite agree with you. I fly more often out of LGW than LHR. I generally find the crew at LGW far more friendly and helpful than their LHR counterparts, even though they are paid less. I would highly commend them!
    However the lounges at LGW are dire, with the champange in the First lounge being only redeeming factor!

VintageKrug
    Participant

Champagne is available in the Terraces lounge, on request.

Daytripper
    Participant

Re ‘Cabin Crew of BA’

I can’t decide which type of crew I prefer…

The bland, characterless, yet 100% faultless service on the likes of Cathay or Singapore. They never put a foot wrong, yet they feel more like servants than friends.

Or the gloriously inconsistent BA service, where you’ll either meet staff who are uniquely warm and full of personality, or conversely, others who are so bitter and rude that they can’t even look you in the eye or spare you the time of day.

What is your preference?

Swindoneric
    Participant

I’d also echo the sentiments re LGW and the North terminal. Even the security people smile at you. On reflection I probably prefer the vagaries of the BA crews. It’s a kind of emotional mystery tour every time you board a flight… Although in fairness, I’ve never really had a terrible experience on a BA flight.

Swindoneric
    Participant

I’d also echo the sentiments re LGW and the North terminal. Even the security people smile at you. On reflection I probably prefer the vagaries of the BA crews. It’s a kind of emotional mystery tour every time you board a flight… Although in fairness, I’ve never really had a terrible experience on a BA flight.

alwaysreadytofly
    Participant

yes vintage but it would be nice if BA dod not always need full fare paying pax to request simple products. CX or JALdon’t demand, “The Polite Request”

VintageKrug
    Participant

Free pour vintage champagne is available in the First lounge, for those who are flying F or are BA’s most loyal customers flying in other cabins.

DisgustedofSwieqi
    Participant

Not too much experience of BA at LGW, however on the 20-30 flights I’ve take to/from there, the crew do seem friendly and the service has been very good/excellent. e.g. Alison and her team in CW from BDA at Xmas.

At LHR, I need to split into WW and EF.

WW has always delivered a minimum of a professional service, sometimes a little ‘detached’, but never rude.

EF has been a real mixed bag, with some very good crew and some who seemed to lack the customer facing skills required for the job – i.e. on one CE flight from Paris to LHR, not a single smile all the way, from any of the three CC in the cabin.

I find a lot of inconsistency on most European airlines, even Air Malta, but in the latter case it is normally that certain #1 crew members have their own way of doing things and all are good once you get used to the differences.

Fortunately, with such a small airline, frequent travellers and the crew often know each other so the atmosphere in the cabin is normally relaxed and friendly.

Binman62
    Participant

Crew LHR to GLA on Friday night (25/3/11) dire and offhand and made it quite clear they were not happy to be there. Crew Back GLA LHR on the 26/3/11 charming, warm and welcoming. Both flight on time.

vscxfan
    Participant

Self-respect and taking pride in doing a job well (ie professionally) can help; VS and CX cabin crew are recruited and trained with this in mind and it shows. If BA cabin crew aren’t (perceived to be) respected by their employer or colleagues on the ground, it’s hardly surprising they invariably become defensive and distant when relating to pax.

A smile from cabin crew in Economy does more long-term for an airline’s bottom line than a frown in First; that’s how VS took share from BA.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls