Bye Bye Baby

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Anonymous

StephenLondon
    Participant

Saw one of their aircraft in NCE the other day and thought it would probably be the last time I would see one…

KeaneJohn
    Participant

Last BMI flight en route to East Midlands. …

http://www.flightradar24.com/BMI22J

Martin63
    Participant

I flew from Belfast George Best to LHR yesterday on what had been a BMI service. All branded BA now with the BMI uniformed check in staff saying they will be laid off at the end of October. All a bit sad as in the past I always preferred BMI to BA. The end of an era.

JohnnyFox
    Participant

So that’s the full set … having seen off DanAir, Skytrain, Air Europe, British Caledonian and now British Midland/bmi, British Airways stands alone as the only significant ‘full-service’ carrier in the UK.

Now watch for fares rises, staff ‘rationalisations’, economy service standard reductions, and slot domination at LHR.

canucklad
    Participant

so does that make BA, baby killers too…..

Sad to see BMI and baby disappear…..

Baby was the best of the LCC’s in the UK by a country mile…sad day for the employees and a sad day for the consumers..

As a side note, one of the best landing announcements ever was on a Baby arriving in heavy crosswinds at Cardiff

“Well the Captain , Michael Jordan ,has managed to slam dunk us into Wales………Please pay particular attention when opening the overhead lockers….It’s not IF your luggage has moved, you know their now PROBABLY in the NEXT locker down!!

Welcome to Cardiff ,it’s apparently windy, so mind your hats!

People chuckling as we deplaned….Engaging service.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls