Buy on Board Comparison, BA v easyJet

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 50 total)

• FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=791971]@FDOS – but I don’t consume the glasses, I merely I take one out of the lounge and reposition said to another part of the airline – just as the airline sometimes repositions my case to another airport……. We each get our respective items back…eventually – surely this is not theft :))

[/quote]

So where is your glass re-positioning schedule in your contract? 😉 and if the man on the Clapham Omnibus was asked to believe you, would he? He probably nicks anything not nailed down 😉

travelworld
    Participant

I think the offence is dishonestly appropriating with the intention of permanently depriving. Well, it was when I studied criminal law 39 years ago. And as Martyn is not being dishonest, with no intention of permanently depriving (assuming he is flying on BA metal)it’s not nicking.

Not convinced BA would see it that way, though..

FaroFlyer
    Participant

I frequently “borrow” a wine glass from CW when going to China, and “re-position” it on the outbound flight. No intent to permanently deprive.

I also often “borrow” a face cloth from the first hoel that I stay in, and “re-postion” it in the last hotel as so many hotels no longer supply face cloths.

Just made a cup of tea and realise that I have 3 Swiss teasooons to re-position soon.

Glad this thread has moved away from the boredom of BoB:-)

FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=792280]I think the offence is dishonestly appropriating with the intention of permanently depriving. Well, it was when I studied criminal law 39 years ago. And as Martyn is not being dishonest, with no intention of permanently depriving (assuming he is flying on BA metal)it’s not nicking.

Not convinced BA would see it that way, though..

[/quote]

Or the fuzz and certainly not the man from Clapham, who would be the jury 😉

IanFromHKG
    Participant

[quote quote=792280]I think the offence is dishonestly appropriating with the intention of permanently depriving. Well, it was when I studied criminal law 39 years ago. And as Martyn is not being dishonest, with no intention of permanently depriving (assuming he is flying on BA metal)it’s not nicking. Not convinced BA would see it that way, though..[/quote]

I last studied criminal law slightly later than you (1983) but deprivation doesn’t have to be permanent to be permanent deprivation. Law’s a funny old thing…

And who is to say that a passenger who is provided with drink and glasses for consumption and use only in a particular part of an airport is not being “dishonest” by taking and using them somewhere else? Even if that “somehwere else” is owned by the same company (which it may not be – BA has franchise operators).

If someone put the contents of an entire bottle of JW Blue into a plastic bag he found in the BA lounge and took it on board with the intention AT THE TIME of drinking it all on a BA flight, but falls asleep (because s/he drank the other bottle in the lounge) after boarding and so takes it to their ultimate destination – is s/he being dishonest?

Then there’s the larger question of whether BA’s licence for the lounge permits provision of alcohol for consumption off the premises (First Class Off-Licence anyone??)

😉

esselle
    Participant

When next in a lounge look out for the signs which point out that foods and beverages offered are for consumption in the lounge only.

Good grief.

BlandfordStMary76
    Participant

[quote quote=791937]If you bring your own drink such as a G&T or Pimms in a tin on board and request a glass and ice (perhaps even a slice), will they give it to you? Has anyone tried this?

[/quote]

Most Airlines don’t allow consumption of your own Alcohol so it’s a No .

FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=792606]

If you bring your own drink such as a G&T or Pimms in a tin on board and request a glass and ice (perhaps even a slice), will they give it to you? Has anyone tried this?

Most Airlines don’t allow consumption of your own Alcohol so it’s a No .

[/quote]

British Airways DOES allow the consumption of own alcohol, though.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

But will they give you a glass and ice? Can someone please try to ask on their next BA flight?

LuganoPirate
    Participant

PS. Just read it’s cheaper to buy the M&S sarnies in the terminal before boarding and even cheaper if you buy them directly at M&S!

Stowage222
    Participant

If memory serves, WH Smith is also offering cheaper ‘meal deals’ in the departure lounge @ T5. At least this guarantees you something to eat and drink which isn’t always the case if you’re at the back of the bus.

esselle
    Participant

Slightly off topic, but I was on an OY flight HEL-OSL earlier this week in economy.

I was welcomed by the flight snr. as a OWE, offered a newspaper and, when the BOB trolley came past, a free drink and snack of my choice.

Rather a nice gesture I thought, but have never had this before. Anybody else had this experience?

FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=793802]Slightly off topic, but I was on an OY flight HEL-OSL earlier this week in economy.

I was welcomed by the flight snr. as a OWE, offered a newspaper and, when the BOB trolley came past, a free drink and snack of my choice.

Rather a nice gesture I thought, but have never had this before. Anybody else had this experience?

[/quote]

Not on BA, that’s for sure. Never even had a gold card welcome (not that I’d want one, to be honest).

On my last long haul BA flight, the CSM checked my BP when I was boarding and said ‘down to the right’, not even ‘welcome back’. I could feel the lurve – not.

alainboy56
    Participant

Staying off topic – Just took an AUH-DOH-PISA round trip with QR and could not be happier with the service/food/status recognition. C was full, so flew in Y — THE CSO came and introduced herself to me shortly before take off and welcomed me back, and this also after already welcoming me at the door when studying my boarding pass. Then after take off, the Hostess for my section also came to introduce herself and welcomed me personally. The pax next to me bar 1 seat (whom I later knew, hardly spoke English) must have thought I was some kind of celebrity. It can be a little embarrassing sometimes but it does prove that Mr Al Bakher wishes to keep me happy and he certainly does, food and wine was excellent —- BA managers, you should squirm with embarrassment! But I somehow think you are so full of your own self importance, that you will not feel any remorse or embarrassment for dragging BA down to an ‘also ran’ level.

AnthonyDunn
    Participant

FDOS: 2nd March 2017 at 17:40 #793964

“Consistency of service standards… (contd p94)”

Senior Management and I flew CE LGW-FCO-LGW over the New Year and, on both occasions, I was fulsomely welcomed on board by the CSD as a BAEC Gold. Frankly, it was so unexpected (never having happened before on any BA operated service) that my wife and I looked at each other in astonishment and mild embarrassment.

Of course, the CSD would probably not have realised that the bulk of the tier point awards were from QR, QF and CX….. It will be interesting seeing what happens next week on Finnair.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 50 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls