Buy on Board Comparison, BA v easyJet

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 50 total)

• IanFromHKG
    Participant

[quote quote=791837] @esselleIf you’re a Diamond Card holder flying in economy on SAS, not only are you offered a free drink (including alcohol on international flights) but one travelling companion or up to 4 family members can also have a free drink.
    Something for BA to consider for gold card holders, but I won’t hold my breath.
    [/quote]

On my last few domestic flights with AA in coach (only because there was no first on those flights!) I received free drinks (including alcohol) and snacks as a oneworld emerald member

canucklad
    Participant

Recently had the same opportunity as FDOS to experience Easyjet and BA.
    And my conclusion is that the BA crew’s heart didn’t seem to be buying into the proposition,and certainly didn’t appear to be well trained in delivering this ancillary charge onto an already expensive ticket.
    The experienced Easy crew went about selling their wares with incentivised gusto and paying buttons for the ticket made their ancillary charge palatable.

And by the way, just because it says M&S on the packet,doesn’t make it edible or value for money. BA is indeed a brand in rapid decline.

For greater choice,grab a meal deal at a third of the price at any of the many outlets that offer it.

DavidSmith2
    Participant

Flying BA Eurotraveller tomorrow. As a GC I have reserved the exit row 12 which probably means it will take at least an hour to get anything at all.

So, as a slightly tongue-in-cheek protest, I have made up a lunchbox replete with cheese & pickle sandwiches (wrapped in foil), a small bag of nuts, a small bag of scampi fries, a 2-finger kitkat and an apple. I plan to buy a mini bottle of wine in the departure lounge and will ‘borrow’ a plastic cup from the water cooler. I also have my gingham serviette which I plan to spread on my tray table. If they get to me in time, I may buy a 2nd bottle of wine, if I haven’t dozed off.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

@DavidSmith2 – do you think that the cabin crew will actually care that you bring your own food. I have been doing this is Club Europe for the past year… :)….

The crew often comment how delicious the Pret salad looks…

Sadly, they will not care one little bit…

DavidSmith2
    Participant

@martynsinclair – I am sure you are right but I shall still take the opportunity. I have done a round of cheese & tomato and a round of ham & pickle. I resisted the possibility of doing egg mayonnaise for the sake of my co-travelers. Boarding imminent.

{edit – the BA Manager just found me on the terrace and has upgraded me to seat 1D! O well – will save the sandwiches for tea).

MartynSinclair
    Participant

@DavidSmith2 – I look forward to your review… home made sandwiches v BA Club sandwiches 🙂

I will be “borrowing” some crisps and can of drink from the lounge later today – maybe will spoil myself with a Pret salad as well..

LuganoPirate
    Participant

If you bring your own drink such as a G&T or Pimms in a tin on board and request a glass and ice (perhaps even a slice), will they give it to you? Has anyone tried this?

FDOS_UK
    Participant

LP

I suggest squashing one of these into your carry on bag

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/172445552391

canucklad
    Participant

Well folks, call me a sado but I’ve started to bring my own plastic wine glass (ex M&S) onboard with me. If you’re spending in excess of 4 quid for a bottle of vino,I’m not wanting to drink it out of a dispenser you’d find at your works water cooler.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

And the ice and a slice FDOS? ?

MartynSinclair
    Participant

You could always take the glass, ice and lemon from the lounge, along with a couple of olives….

FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=791945]You could always take the glass, ice and lemon from the lounge, along with a couple of olives….

[/quote]

Well that would be theft, except if you used your own glass, you could eat the other evidence 😉

MartynSinclair
    Participant

FDoS… why would it be theft.. just assisting BA by moving glasswear from their lounge to their aircraft 🙂

FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=791951]FDoS… why would it be theft.. just assisting BA by moving glasswear from their lounge to their aircraft ?

[/quote]

All lounge items are for consumption in the lounge. Taking them out is nicking.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

@FDOS – but I don’t consume the glasses, I merely I take one out of the lounge and reposition said to another part of the airline – just as the airline sometimes repositions my case to another airport……. We each get our respective items back…eventually – surely this is not theft :))

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 50 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls