Business Traveller Wine Tasting Event – The Stafford, London

Back to Forum
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

• Tom Otley
    Keymaster

As promised, here are the details of the event next week.

There are a few tickets remaining, so if you are making up your mind, there’s still chance to have the perfect start to the week!

I’m looking forward to seeing some familiar faces (and meeting some unfamiliar ones).

Join Business Traveller for a wine tasting evening at The Stafford London

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Final bump for this one – it’s wet, it’s a Monday, come and join us tonight….!

capetonianm
    Participant

I would love to be there but can’t make it.
    Best wishes to all who go for a pleasant evening.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Thank you – I will raise a glass to absent forum members !

FDOS_UK
    Participant

It’s dry, warm and sunny in Lancaster and I have a 4am call tomorrow for a flight, so will not be with you – but hope everyone has a good time.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Thanks Tom and the BT team for arranging the drinks event, a wonderful and successful evening & a very interesting venue in a relaxed and non stuffy format…

It was great to meet Aspirational Flyer and Sparks flyer and I hope I encouraged you sufficiently to post more.

I will leave it to Tom to announce future events but would certainly encourage people to come.

For the record, I am NOT part of the BT team 🙂

canucklad
    Participant

Sounds like everybody had a fantastic time , and sorry I missed an opportunity to meet some fellow contributors ……and sip some fantastic vino……

To Tom, Alex, Mark and the rest of the team, you might consider a whisky tasting event , venue somewhere north of Watford , maybe in a city that has a castle, hosts a global cultural event and is easily accessible by train, plane and automobile. In fact it shares the same road as London has.

Remember guys, the best airline lounges should stock the smoothest and finest Scotland has to offer.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Firstly, thank you everyone for coming. It was good to meet both familiar faces and make new acquaintances.

As for your suggestion, funnily enough we are looking at putting together a whisky tasting event in a city centre hotel in Edinburgh some time next year.

I will post further details when they are finalised.

Meanwhile, our next event will be Friday, January 31 in London – and I will post a link to the event when it goes live.

20-Horse
    Participant

Dear BT

Thank you and all the participants for a thoroughly good evening – especially for me as the winner of the champers. Amazing. But what an atmosphere, venue and team. Slightly ruined on a Monday night, I really am getting too old for that! See you in January I hope. Keep up the good work and thank you Emma for a top top night.

PatJordan
    Participant

Several years ago I had the pleasure of attending a BT Whiskey tasting event in London. Very nice evening, and I (and others) discovered that Japan makes a very nice whiskey! Mind you I can’t for the life of me remember the brand name.

cwoodward
    Participant

Pat, it was almost certainly Suntory
    A very highly regarded whiskey world-wide
    The 17 year old is particularly good, but costly.

1 user thanked author for this post.

AspirationalFlyer2
    Participant

Great event and lovely to meet some of the people on the forum.
    Hope to see some of you again soon.
    AF

LuganoPirate
    Participant

[quote quote=905431]As for your suggestion, funnily enough we are looking at putting together a whisky tasting event in a city centre hotel in Edinburgh some time next year.[/quote]

I’m glad it went so well and you all enjoyed yourselves, shame I could not be there as I’m sure it was great fun. By coincidence I was at a whisky tasting event Thursday night in Lugano arranged by the British Swiss Chamber of Commerce where we were entertained by Mark Chesterfield who introduced us to some very interesting whiskeys from the smaller and less well known distilleries. I can highly recommend him.

http://www.thewhiskyexperience.com/

And he bought us some haggis which was superbly cooked by the chefs of The View Hotel in Lugano. Mark recommended we pour some whisky on it and wow! Nothing new for you I’d imagine Canucklad?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls