business traveller user needs for serviced apartment

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Anonymous

maurizio78
    Participant

Good morning Business Travellers,
    I’m pretty new on this website but it’s couple of days I’m keeping an eye on this forum. I’m not a business traveller, but an young italian Industrial/Product designer working on a project focused contract design for hospitality: serviced apartments for business man and business woman.
    I’ve already read many pages on the web and on papers about the typology of accommodation as AH, extended stay hotel etc.., but I realized they focus more on numbers and marketing, reither than user needs ( not only technological, but I’m interested on item functionality and emotional need too).
    I would love and I’ll be thankful to receive any advice on designing a extended stay accommodation tailored on your needs. Our partners will be some of the most important italian brands in furniture (for living room, bedroom, kitchen, bathroom) but even small companies based on more crafted products (leather, marbles, textile etcc..)
    Here the following drivers/guidelines:
    – domotic technology (used in a light way, we don’t want to stress you with 1000 dispalys
    and buttons on the walls and around the room!)
    – multisensory/multifunctional concepts
    – interaction/compatibility items
    – fluid living design
    – ecodesign

– appliances will be one of the most important product to develop, improve or design.

Please, give me your opinion about what it works or not in the room (kitchen area and all the appliances, bathroom, bad, desk etc..), what you would love to have, and please do not forget to consider the relationship “you/ your job and life/your home far from home”: even the “small” things (electric socks on waist level, or next to a mirror but not just in the bathroom) and the emotional needs (relax, better way to be in touch with your family,etc) are important.

Thanks a lot since now to all you business travelers.

please visit World fashion Apartments for corporate ,furnished and Extended stay Apartments

IanFromHKG
    Participant

Visit te Peninsula in Bangkok. They have it pretty much nailed in terms of easy-to-use in-room tech

Business travellers can never have too many accessible power sockets, especially if they are multi sockets!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls