Business Insider Turns Gossip Magazine!

Back to Forum
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• MS
    Participant

Has anyone noticed that the BI Travel app has gossip magazine style titles like:

– I did this, here’s what happened
    – We asked this and this is what happened
    – I did this, this is how you can do it too
    – I did this, here’s 4 ways you can do it too
    – I visited this, here’s what I think of it
    – I flew business class and I was impressed
    – I rode on a railway and here’s what it was like spending 50 hours on it

Such bimbo brain dead titles!

It really annoys me and I think it really downgrades the quality of the article, especially when it’s called ‘Business Traveller’……you know for professionals? I expect it to be more professional!

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Hi Congy,

None of us here has any idea what you are talking about.

Do you mean another magazine / website, in which case I will amend this thread since it refers to our magazine?

1 user thanked author for this post.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

[quote quote=953103]None of us here has any idea what you are talking about.[/quote]

Me neither. I find the magazine very professional, well written and well researched and enjoy reading it.
    Perhaps you can explain further??

MS
    Participant

It’s not the content of the report, it’s the title of the articles on the Business Traveller app. You have to download the Business Traveller app, it’s there where you find the bimbo type titles.

Don’t know how to paste a screenshot but here’s one from Katie Warren 10 Aug 2019 ‘I spent 50 hours on the longest train ride in the world, surrounded by people who didn’t speak English and without Wifi. Here’s my biggest tip for anyone considering going on the trip’.

WHAT A TITLE!!!!!!

P.S. Tom, I like your coverage of the BA A350 on YouTube!

Jenni Reid
    Keymaster

Hi Congy, the reporter you’ve just mentioned writes for Business Insider, not Business Traveller. Are you talking about their app?

MS
    Participant

Yes! I’m referring to their app. When I go to the BI Travel section in the app, I thought it’s related to THIS Business Traveller too? Their article titles are just awful like a gossip magazine!

I really hope the titles can be a bit more professional in the future!

Jenni Reid
    Keymaster

Hi Congy, Business Traveller is a print magazine with a website (businesstraveller.com).

Business Insider is a completely different publication (www.businessinsider.com) with their own app.

We’ve amended the thread title accordingly.

SimonS1
    Participant

[quote quote=953117]I really hope the titles can be a bit more professional in the future![/quote]

Dear oh dear. Maybe you should take it up with the publication concerned.

1 user thanked author for this post.

MS
    Participant

Yeah I didn’t know this was separate to BI

Gin&Tonic
    Participant

There’s 2 minutes of my like I won’t get back!

3 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls