Business Traveller Awards

Back to Forum
Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)

• SimonS1
    Participant

Indeed EU_Flyer, each to their own.

I wonder how many people really use multiple airlines anyway to be able to make a meaningful comparison.

For example if your corporate policy is BA only (or VS only etc) you are hardly likely to vote for Etihad as the airline of the year?

Plus I wonder how many people vote in such awards?

2 users thanked author for this post.

AFlyingDutchman
    Participant

[quote quote=972256]Guys, lighten up a little bit,lol. I agree that everyone is entitled to their holier than thou opinions[/quote]

Pot Kettle comes to mind. If there is anyone attempting to be holier than thou it is you! Good luck with that!

1 user thanked author for this post.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

I agree my preferred travel suppliers in terms of:

airlines
    hotels
    travel counsellor
    travel insurance
    car service

… is a very narrow band. I tend to give loyalty to singular providers. Should I vote or not as my vision may be too narrow..?

EU_Flyer
    Participant

[quote quote=972315]For example if your corporate policy is BA only (or VS only etc) you are hardly likely to vote for Etihad as the airline of the year?[/quote]

Great point. I don’t live in the UK and and my firm has no real travel policy at its international offices so it’s easy to forget that choice is not something we always have.

I guess we vote for what we know unless we really dislike it.

I dislike economy class. Period. ;-P

capetonianm
    Participant

I dislike economy class.

I have no problem with public transport, it’s the public I can’t stand.

2 users thanked author for this post.

SimonS1
    Participant

[postquote quote=972559][/postquote]

I imagine many voters are in your position.

However when you say ‘I like x’ then that is one thing. If you instead say “x is the best….”, then it begs the question – best relative to what?

In other words if I used 10 airlines this year and considered BA the best then that is fine. However if all my flights were on BA because that is all my company will book then I am not sure how it is an objective judgement.

Sami
    Participant

Aflyingdutchman, all of this just because I hinted that you have not been inside the George V. I might be holier than thou and your mate capeto (whatever) will always agree with you as long as it’s something against me, but I still insist I’m afraid that your opinion is made from Avenue George V not the George V hotel. And you can respond with anything you want and your mate will agree, but this is my last post on this thread. I’m bored with it already.

AFlyingDutchman
    Participant

Excellent, as you have bored me ad nauseum. Good luck to you trolling and insulting others.

capetonianm
    Participant

Sami : Just because two or more people share an opinion and it differs from yours, it doesn’t mean they are ‘ganging up’ on you, which appears to be what you are implying.

You become aggressively defensive when others disagree with you. That’s not what this forum is about, and unless you tone down a bit, I will also be pleased not to see you here any more. Since you probably have some interesting opinions, which, if expressed less confrontationally could probably add value to the forum, that might be a pity.

3 users thanked author for this post.

K1ngston
    Participant

I think it was Simon1 who said we tend to comment good or bad on the product and services we use the most! So I cannot and will not comment on something I am not aware of, but can probably bore you all stupid with the services I do know…

As for the spat taking place on this thread, those of us here a long time remember when that was the norm, we are grown ups with differing points of view lets embrace that

3 users thanked author for this post.

Sami
    Participant

Maybe it’s my female nature??!!!

Mark Caswell
    Keymaster

Enough – any more personal insults and this thread will be closed.

6 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls