Business premier on TGV trains in France?

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Sandix
    Participant

Hi folks, this is my firat post. I wonder if anybody can advise on TGV trains in France during this pandemic.Has anybody travelled since the easing of lockdown and is facemask wearing enforced? I am assumimg that both first and 2nd class will be busy in mid August so I was going to book business premier. However some sites say business premier isn’t starting until 30/8, yet on the SNCF site it is possible to book business premier! (we are travelling Lille to Avignon). We don’t mind if they’re not doing catering ( they normally serve a meal and free drinks ) but we wanted to know if you still had a dedicated cabin separate from first class. I know the cabin is no different from first class in comfort etc but we would just prefer to be separate as my colleague has been shielding.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

BarelyBAGold
    Participant

I travelled on the TGV Paris-Strasbourg return in first class 2 weeks ago. While business prefer not operated on this route, face masks compulsory and no onboard catering at all. hope this helps.

capetonianm
    Participant

I mentioned elsewhere that my son travelled from the south of France to Brussels last week on 11JUN on a TGV. The train was packed in both classes, couldn’t get a first class seat on booking as an on board upgrade. There was no spacing, and no enforcement of wearing of masks, not even on embarcation, and lots of people weren’t wearing them.

I understand that the railway staff have a difficult enough job without having to enforce a conflictive regulation, but would it be too much to expect that one of the various police forces could put a security person on board these trains? I believe they carry almost 1000 people.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Hello Sandix,

According to the display with Raileurope.co.uk (SNCF’s booking tool in the UK) there is first class sold on this route.

I checked the ghost date of August 27 for a direct TGV.

Remember that train travel is changing all the time as Covid-19 restrictions are relaxed. Therefore nobody can accurately predict the situation so far ahead.

We posted a report re TGV Lyria which has now restored limited catering. It’s an international TGV but it shows what SNCF might do for its domestic TGVs.

TGV Lyria restores schedules and catering

Face masks are essential. See this tweet.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls