Business Class to Delhi – Qatar vs Swiss

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 75 total)

• KSHaggag
    Participant

My pleasure ,Julmops !!!!…enjoy this fantastic product as much as you can ..great that you will sample the current and the new product …

I personally wish I could give all my business to Swiss ….I would have been a Honorary Circle member then ,but you know I like to sample as many products as possible and there are various (( good)) products out there still among which I can mention Singapore ,Cathay,Etihad ,KLM ,Turkish ( Premium Economy ) ,Virgin,Openskies ,some specific BA products ,AF sometimes …….
    Please make sure you share your experience with us …!
    Bis bald ….a bientot ….as long as you are indeed swiss but am not sure whether from the German speaking part or from Suisse Romande ….Cheers !

AMcWhirter
    Participant

With the value of the Swiss franc being so high I would imagine LX allocates only a limited number of seats to the UK market.

Have you seen the sort of prices that LX charges in its home market for ZRH-DEL return in J class ?

I’ve just checked the price for ZRH-DEL on Oct 3, returning DEL-ZRH on Oct 10 and swiss.com quotes a fare of Sfr 5,037 !

KSHaggag
    Participant

Yep LondonCity !…..fares for itin vary from country to countrybased on the market forces ,the strength of the local currency and other commercial factors ….also the offer is taken into consideration ….UK is a HUUUUUUUUUUUUGE market compared to Switzerland and the offer /capacity offered by all airlines is huge ,so every airline needs to compete for a fair share of the cake ,,also don t forget that direct operators have an advantage that s why indirect operators are always keen to deal and wheel ,whereas LX at its home base has a great market identity and operates direct so the fares are high …BA in Switzerland can be cheaper than LX for the reasons I mentioned …

julmops
    Participant

Moving this thread up to inform you that after a first trip with VS last year, I’m going back to Delhi in 2 weeks ad I will fly with Swiss!! I’m sure KSHaggag ill be proud of me 😉 can’t wait !!!

KSHaggag
    Participant

Sure Julmops!!! No doubt about this ….enjoy every aspect on the way on my behalf ! Hahaaaaa…..and please share your experience with us upon your return …All my best wishes ,….viva Swiss !

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Good choice Julmops and enjoy the flight.

julmops
    Participant

Managed to get seat 4A for the Zurich to Delhi flight ! 😉 Very happy about it !

KSHaggag
    Participant

Enjoy it to the fullest ,Julmops ….pity that your connection in Zurich is rather shorty ….isn t it .???

julmops
    Participant

It is indeed… 1 hour and 10 minutes … Will be a run but I should have the time for a quick drink in the Panorama Lounge…

KSHaggag
    Participant

Please do and enjoy it…..are you gold with Star if I may ask ….????….it is always worth being …now also LH has upgraded it’s ground product at FRA dramatically …….give it a try on the 747-800 to Delhi once and see for yourself….u can combine Swiss and LH of course ..

Cheers ,

Karim

julmops
    Participant

Not Gold at all, not even Frequent Flyer I’m afraid but I will enjoy all the same 😉

KSHaggag
    Participant

Am sure you will climb the ladder soon ….since you fly business class then no worries about the amenities ….u will sample all the perks ..just enroll onlineanddpn t let those miles go ….

Enjoy it ….

At the same time ,if your travels take you Stateside ,LH and LX have sometimes superb fares in First from London to USA via ZRH FRA MUC GVA ……fares to fly for !!!!!

sparkyflier
    Participant

Julmops are you a member for any Star Alliance loyalty programme yet? There was a thread here a while ago on what is the best one to join, but for the sake of simplicity join the LX Miles and More, which I seems to recall makes it easier to earn status than the LH Miles and more!
    Do you have an idea where future work and holiday travels will take you?

julmops
    Participant

sparklyflyer, I’m part of M&M on the Lufthansa side so I’m earning miles already but I usually don’t fly Star Alliance a lot …

KSHaggag
    Participant

Hey Julmops…..great..just nurture that account at least with your business class long haul activities ..you also have a huge network of airlines so there is always a chance to make your balance grow….Austrian has just upgraded it’s long haul product and they have a nice approach called smart upgrade where u bid for your upgrade on long haul and say how much you wanna pay for the upgrade ..if it is accepted ,you get it ….yet ,OS has a limited network but you can still fly business for a rather low fare …..worth the hassle ..

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 75 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls