Business Class on Qatar’s dreamliner – better than BA first??

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Anonymous

superchris
    Participant

Just stepped off the Dreamliner, business class Dubai to Doha and Economy back. (although business was sold as First on this short flight, this will be their normal long-haul business class product going forward).

The business cabin is truly superb. 1-2-1 seating, loads of storage, usual excellent food and service. Once this is fully deployed on key long-haul routes, and their new airport opened, its hard to see how these guys wont clean up. Having flown BA first just a few times, I cant see how it is any better than what ive just experienced.

That said, came back in Economy. Cramped and horrible. With such an amazing business class (bordering on First), I wonder why the Middle East carriers have, to date at least, shunned the idea of a Premium Economy cabin which to be honest is one of the few reasons I fly on BA these days.

The gap between business and economy on all 3 Middle East carriers is, in my opinion, far too wide.

I also think Im correct in saying this product is akin to the new AA and CX products??

superchris
    Participant

quite…….

Flyboy18
    Participant

23 seats in business class isn’t what I’d call first class.

superchris
    Participant

exclusivity is definitely part of the product offering I agree, but incredibly spacious and private all the same. If you are sitting in the front rows you frankly cant see behind you. Plus first class touches like being shown to seat too.

Very impressive.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Hello superchris

The comfort gap between J and Y has never been wider. Many airlines now offer, or plan to offer, Y+ to reduce this gap but as you say, there are others who do not.

The ME carriers are a good example but others (with a huge comfort gap) between J and Y would include the likes of SIA (on A380/B777-300ER), Thai (A380), MAS (A380) and Garuda (soon to be delivered B777-300ER).

stevescoots
    Participant

I have flown QR787 from DOG to LHR, and whilst I would say the your “flight space” seat, area, food etc surpass most airlines first class including BA old first, there is not that personal touch you receive with most first products, and as stated the privacy of a smaller cabin, I cannot judge against new BA first as never used it.

that said, I cannot understand paying such a high premium for first against this type of business product. the gap is not so huge to warrant the cost

stevescoots
    Participant

opps, meant DOH…not DOG!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls