Business class lounges in European hubs

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

• NorskSaint
    Participant

Morning rferguson,
    I would have to ask whether you been in the newer SAS lounges at CPH or OSL?
    I spend an awful lot of time at both airports (OSL slightly more) and think they’re great.

OSL and CPH both have a Barista bar making to order coffees, as well as half decent selection of foods and drink. There are some offices to work in and an area which provides daylight to help wake you up, living above the Artic circle this is great in Winter time having taken the 7am shuttles to OSL. Even better when you have a long layover you can use the gym; appreciate this may not be to everyone’s liking but if you have a 4hr layover its a great use of time, and you’re able to prebook slots on the SAS app as well as showers and lockers.

I’m amazed other airports/lounges haven’t thought about providing gyms unless they have and I’ve just not noticed…..

Norsk

Tramor01
    Participant

I visited the re-vamped Eurobonus Gold (upstairs) part of the lounge at CPH last week for the first time, and, after all the hype about its relaunch, found it to be a big disappointment.
    The food remains the same old, same old, boring offering. and the barista service is in my opinion a just a gimmick as I watched a queue people waiting ages for a coffee.
    I’ve got to say, in comparison, the food offering at the BA (shared lounge) near Gate 26 is so much better.

rferguson
    Participant

[postquote quote=973374][/postquote]

Hi Norskaint. Yes, have been to both. Albeit, it was probably around four or five years ago. If SAS have updated their lounges since then, kudos to them. They were in desperate need! I remember when I visited them they were super super crowded, soft drinks were from one of those soda fountain machines and food limited to nibbles (I think there might have been some meatballs as well).

GR15
    Participant

Picture from the really nice Brussels lounge. In my top 3 of non first class lounges in Europe (schengen).

alistairNicoll
    Participant

Most that i have used simply bear no comparison with the excellent lounges at Doha, Dubai and Abu Dhabi.

I was hugely disappointed with the food offering in Paris I expected so much more of the French but I would overall clasify them as adequate and better than some I have used elsewhere

Before Etihad went downhill their lounge at Manchester was one of the best non hub lounges I have ever used with service that others could only dream of but after a rapid decline they closed it -such a shame

SwissExPat
    Participant

I have become more impressed with the Dublin Airport Authority lounge in T1. (generally non EI flights).

There is a Barista there serving freshly prepared coffee in very proper chinaware. The choice of food is generally very good (incl local cheeses). There is a wide variety of different seating available (1 person workstations).

Also one gets a copy of the Irish Times newspaper to take away with you.

Tiredflyer
    Participant

[postquote quote=973374][/postquote]

I recently used the SAS CPH lounge and and quite happy with it. Excellent coffee (morning flight to KEF) and standard fare on offer. It was very crowded but with myself, wife and two little ones we were fine.

At KEF on our way to LHR a week later we used Iceland Air lounge. Fantastic. A very Nordic experience and I loved the herring on offer. Very understated decor, nearly empty, with excellent bathrooms. The food was good, although limited in choices.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls