Business Class Lounge at Muscat

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

• Anonymous

Ahmad
    Participant

I’ll be transiting MCT on Oman Air next month and have a 7 hour layover. The only provide hotel accommodation for 8 hours or more. I wonder whether the Business Class Lounge is adequate for such a long stopover or should I plan to go into town instead? Any advice on how good the relaxation area of the lounge is would be most helpful in coming to my decision.

VintageKrug
    Participant

I popped into the new Oman Air lounge recently and I have to say it was superb, so don’t have any qualms about relaxing there.

http://www.omanair.com/wy/information-services/airport/oman-air-lounges

goalie11
    Participant

7 hours is a bit of a wait but I agree with VK that the Oman Air lounge is one of the best in the region to spend such a long time. Unlike other places it’s not worth the hassle of going out of the airport to have a look around.

VintageKrug
    Participant

Although might be worth popping over to the Chedi for lunch? Shangri-la might be a tad too far.

Really depends what time of day your layover happens and if you can be bothered to risk your life in a cab.

You’d probably have to pay the extortionate (and creakingly old-fashioned) visa-on-arrival if you left there airside terminal, so another reason to stay put.

Take a few DVDs on your laptop, or even an improving book (NOT Fifty Shades of Grey!!) and you’ll be fine in the lounge.

Bruce98
    Participant

AhmadAR

If you choose to leave the airport, you will be able to get a visa on arrival for 5 Omani Rials (about US $13), from the Travelex counter, so long as you are a citizen of a ‘List A’ country.

http://www.omanairports.com/visaonarivals.asp

You could take a taxi to the Intercontinental (about half an hour) and pay (from memory, but check pls) 10OR for day membership of their health club, then have a swim etc. and a meal afterwards.

VintageKrug
    Participant

The restaurant is very average at the IC.

rodders
    Participant

AhmadAR
    I agree with VK the Omani Air Business lounge is excellent, but with 7hrs to spare, I would buy the visa on arrival, get a cab, (agree the fare in advance with the taxi desk) and go off and see Muscat, with lunch at the Chedi which is close to the airport, or for something v different the Ritz Carlton Al Bustan Palace, which is just outside Muttrah, which is about 40km from the airport.

Bruce98
    Participant

“The restaurant is very average at the IC.”

Poor possum, the horror, the horror.

VintageKrug
    Participant

rodders, which is the best restaurant at the Al Bustan as I will be staying there shortly.

BigDog.
    Participant

If you share the dates I’ll notify the media.

Any reason you deleted your recent announcement about having booked into the Why House, Sri Lanka?

As you have been to sooo many places yet, on a daily basis, manage to make many postings here and elsewhere (whilst running a business too) could you please stretch to posting detailed trip reports and seatplans, containing insights that aren’t already available to us from Google. You appear to have posted only 1 to date. Thanks.

And finally the Royal Opera House performances, should you venture out:

http://rohmuscat.org.om/programmes/performances

VintageKrug
    Participant

Thanks for the ROH link!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls