Bullying or Irony?

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 46 through 54 (of 54 total)

• Ahmad
    Participant

@FaroFlyer, how many smileys is one permitted per sentence?

FaroFlyer
    Participant

Ahmad,

If you are very nice, two ☺☺

Ahmad
    Participant

??

esselle
    Participant

Dear Michael

Whilst I haven’t posted directly on your “Shard” thread, I am humbled by your positive approach to the challenge you are facing, and simply wanted to let you know that your comment about nurse Cutter made me smile as, for many years, my dear father was under the care of a urologist called Mr Dick……..honestly………

PatJordan
    Participant

Never before have I spent so much time and given so much thought to a post on the forum.

I’ll begin by making what I believe to be a very important point. We all benefit from using this forum, and do so at no cost whatever. Tom and his team devote a great deal of time and effort into making it work, and in all honesty, is all the negativity really appropriate? Surely words of thanks are more fitting.

I am humbled by the praise I sometimes receive from many (very knowledgeable and well travelled) posters on the forum, not least of which were FDOS_UK’s kind words at the start of this thread.

Many posters add threads which (strictly speaking) might not be business related, but give us an insight into where to relax and enjoy ourselves. Uggboylovestravel springs to mind in this regard. I do believe that these extra curricular threads make this forum so valuable and (to me) so enjoyable.

On that note, I’ll cease my ramblings and wish one and all safe, pleasant and enjoyable travels.

esselle
    Participant

PatJordan

+1

DavidGordon10
    Participant

PatJordan

+1 also….

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Pat, +1.
    Esselle, I once visited a Turkish doctor call Dr. K–t. I’m too embarrassed to write it but still chuckle at the thought.

I just wonder if she ever met Dr. Dick 😉

1nfrequent
    Participant

I’ll also +1 what Pat’s said. I’m also going to offer up the following thoughts for whatever they’re worth.

I pick up a lot from this Forum and BT generally (just took advantage of the new Premier Inn opening at T4 for a trip I’ve got in late summer – would not have known about it were it not for BT and got a 40 quid rate, which is great and I am duly grateful). There are definitely personalities on the board and there are posters who are quite forceful in expressing their opinions. Now, I work in an industry where I am used to strong personalities and holding my own in debate and I don’t have any issue with someone giving me the benefit of their experience. But I will say that it can be wearying after a while and part of the reason why I don’t post here as much as I used to is because I simply don’t have the emotional energy to spend in being bulldozed or dismissed for expressing an opinion here on top of what I get in the workplace. This is my leisure activity – I’m here for advice and to try and exchange information rather than having a barney. It could be because there’s a smaller group of posters here (the same issue crops up on FT but there are more places to hang out there to avoid it) and therefore some people do tend to dominate (I’m not saying that as a criticism but as an observation). But it does create an issue because if you’re trying to attract new people to the forum and they’re seeing what I sometimes see, then it can be off putting.

Like I said – I’m not criticising anyone and for what it’s worth I don’t think that there’s so much a bullying issue here as there is a strident and frank exchange of opinions.

Anyway. That’s my tuppence worth.

1F

Viewing 9 posts - 46 through 54 (of 54 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls