BT (UK) Auction 2010

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Anonymous

EnglishTim
    Participant

I am slightly concerned about the tardiness of the despatch of prizes, having seen similar concerns raised last year.
    Surely this isn’t helpful for future events as posters are less likely to take part?

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I received an email last week that my prizes were being sent to me in Switzerland. Because I was away till Jan 8th I only faxed the forms back on the 10th. I guess just over two weeks wait is acceptable seeing as there were 5 items from three donors and they probably had to be grouped together for sending.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I should add that I think this is a great idea, it’s great the various travel companies donate the prizes and good of Business Traveller to arrange it all for some worthwhile causes.

It’s not some professional charity or auction house running it, so I don’t thinks it’s a real hardship if we have to wait a few weeks.

I’m looking forward to next years offering.

EnglishTim – sorry to hear you are having issues with the despatch of your prize(s). I will check the status when i get in on Monday morning, and will follow up with an email to you.

LuganoPirate – thank you for your comments. Glad to hear you enjoyed this year’s auction, which raised nearly £20,000 for the Royal Hospital for Neuro-disability.

http://www.rhn.org.uk

EnglishTim
    Participant

Thanks for the follow-up. I paid my money soon after the auction closed and received an email from Emma, last Monday saying prizes had been despatched and to allow 5 working days for delivery, so I think I’m being a little unreasonable, so apologies.

shiuchng
    Participant

I agree that “it is a great idea, it’s great the various travel companies donate the prizes and good of Business Traveller to arrange it all for some worthwhile causes.” I have been supporting for the last 3 years.

Prizes for BT (UK) auction 2010 seems sending out a bit delay compare to 2009 and those of BT (Asia) auction.

I am still waiting for my 2 prizes (hotel vouchers). Emma has first send an email to me on 5/1/11 that prizes were send on 5/1/11 and send another email to me again on 24/1/11 informing that prizes were sending out only 24/1/11 and will takes about 5 working days. It would be helpful if sending information can be forward to us to follow up like the BT (Asia) Auction.

As of 7/2/11 I still have no news on the prizes sent.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls