BT Online Auction 2009

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Anonymous

wisi1965
    Participant

Why is it that every time I place a bid there is a $1 higher bid placed. I have a feeling that BT manipulate the bidding process.

Business Traveller replies:

Wisi1965, i can assure you that we are not manipulating the auction bidding in anyway. It works on a proxy bidding system – the reason why the bid increases by $1 each time you make a bid, is because there is someone else who has already bid for the same prize as you, and has made a maximum bid that it higher than your current bid, so the system automatically makes a bid $1 higher than yours, on behalf of the other bidder.

For example, if you have bid $10 for a prize, but another bidder has bid $20, if you make a bid of $14 the system will automatically make a bid for the other bidder of $15. This will continue to happen until you surpass the maximum bid of the other bidder.

Equally if the maxmum bid by the bidder is $20, and you make a bid of $30, the system will make a bid on your behalf of $21 – if a bidder them makes a bid of $22, then the system will again make a bid on your behalf of $23, and this will continue until your maximum bid of $30 is reached, at which point you will receive an email informing you that you have been outbid, in case you wish to increase your bid.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls