BT Forum Posters Get Together

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 51 total)
  • There have been no further additions to the Doodle Poll for forum posters wishing to attend the BT get together, so we’re going to go for January 14.

As there are only half a dozen or so wishing to attend, we suggest that we meet in the bar at the Mayfair Hotel near Green Park tube station from 6pm. We’ll reserve a table under the name Business Traveller.

If you could drop us a line at [email protected] so we know if you still intend to come along that would be great.

http://www.themayfairhotel.co.uk

GlobalTravellerTom
    Participant

Well I hope you enjoy yourselves and this will be the first of many.

I will be in Belfast during that week and unable to attend. I do hope there will be more in the future.

Bunnahabhain
    Participant

Had an email from Mark at BT saying that the meeting planned for this Thursday 14th has been postponed as only I and one other person had responded to confirm. But recently on “A different kind of thread” a few others (Jonathan, Hess, Nigel, Simon) have mentioned looking forward to meeting up, so I’m not sure now what the situation is. I’m certainly still keen even if it’s informal for a few beers, and will be in London from Thursday afternoon anyway.

Jim

NTarrant
    Participant

Hi Jim

I had definately replied after the posting and I too have seen the others mention it. Ummm! don’t know what to say other than I too was looking forward to it, perhaps BT can shed some light.

Regards

Nigel

Hess963
    Participant

Hi Jim and Nigel !

Sorry blokes !! But I already gave my dates earlier that I can’t be on that day in London. There is still another time to do it.

Hess

Bunnahabhain
    Participant

Ok think that leaves 4 of us – me, Nigel, Jonathan and Simon – for a pint as the only possible option for Thursday, with hopefully something involving more people and BT some other time.

How about we meet at a convenient pub & time on Thursday? I’m ok for anywhere in central or inner London.
    Once sorted then the site admin can delete this thread.

Jim

JonathanCohen09
    Participant

Hi Jim,

I am still available on thursday and would love to meet up, weather permitting. Perhaps we can agree a time and a place and even someone from BT might still turn up given that there are four of us.

I will keep an eye on this thread to see if we can make it happen.

Best regards to all,

Jonathan

Dear All,

Thanks for your posts regarding this. The only emailed RSVPs we had received were from Jonathan and Jim, although it is possible that yours was missed Nigel, as we do get a lot of emails to the editorial inbox.

As a result we made the decision to postpone the event, but if there are four of you able to attend then we’re happy to revert to the original plan and meet in the Mayfair Bar at 6pm on Thursday.

Thanks for your interest and see you there,

Mark

Wildgoose
    Participant

Will BT be keeping a ‘no limits’ bar tab open?:o)

SimonRowberry
    Participant

Chaps,

As I’d understood from Jonathan that it had been cancelled, I’m afraid that I’ve made alternative arrangements for Thursday and will not be able to make it. Sincerest apologies for this.

I had also sent an email originally confirming my attendance – I guess these things happen.

Simon

NTarrant
    Participant

I’m still up for it subject to there being no problems on the trains from the south coast on Thursday.

Nigel

Bunnahabhain
    Participant

And then there were three…

Happy to go with Mark’s suggestion, maybe best save the expense on the caviar and vintage krug for the next time though!

Extremely reminiscent of professional meetings I’ve organised too many of over the years!

See you there anyway. Cheers, Jim

VintageKrug
    Participant

That’s odd Mark, as I did RSVP to the invitation.

Hi Vintage,

To clarify, when i said we only got two RSVPs, i meant two that said the poster was able to come. I did also get your email saying you would be unable to attend.

NTarrant
    Participant

Are we still going for the Mayfair Hotel bar 1800 tomorrow? (subject to weather)

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 51 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls