BT Forum Posters Get Together

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 51 total)

• Anonymous

JonathanCohen09
    Participant

Hello Everyone,

on a different thread entitled ‘Tarantulas on a Plane’ a number of posters including myself have been discussing the possibility of organising a get together for the Posters on this forum.

It occurred to me however that many of you out there may not have seen or been interested in that particular thread so would not be aware that a lot of us believe that it would be a good idea to arrange a get together. It has gathered some momentum and BT Magazine staff are aware of our idea and will be looking to see whether or not they can help us to make it happen.

I am starting this thread so that we can make as many people as possible aware of the idea and to try and get a feel for how many others might be interested. If you are then please post here to let us know so that we can co-ordinate among ourselves or with BT’s help.

We are thinking of having it in mid January 2010 at a place to be decided. Edinburgh and London are two cities that have been suggested but we will go with what works for the majority of people who want to attend, even if that means a bit of travel to get there.

My apologies to all of you from the other thread for this repitition but I am sure you will understand why I started this one.

I hope to hear from as many of you as possible who are or might like to be involved in what could be a fun and mutually informative event.

Very best to you all,

Jonathan

NTarrant
    Participant

Hi Jonathan

Yes I’m in!

Nigel

Bunnahabhain
    Participant

Yes please (oh no says Tom!!)

VintageKrug
    Participant

Edinburgh, London or Sydney suits me, depending on dates in January.

David
    Participant

Sounds like a great idea. While I live on the continent, I travel to or through London most weeks, so London suits me best.

GlobalTravellerTom
    Participant

Sounds like a good idea. I would be very interested.

pat_travels
    Participant

I would be interested in London

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Hello,

Tom Otley here, back from holidays, refreshed and honoured to have been nominated your social secretary.

How can I be of assistance?

JonathanCohen09
    Participant

Hello Tom,

and welcome back. I hope you had an excellent holiday wherever you were.

I know that we should have asked you to become our social secretary but are very pleased that you are ‘honoured’ to have been selected.

I/we are hoping that there might be a way that you can facilitate those of us that want to get together being able to contact each other directly. I am very aware of the restrictions that there are due to Data Protection.

In the alternative might you be able to co-ordinate the event on our behalf? We are aiming , as you will have seen from the thread, for mid Jan 2010.

Finally, we would be very pleased if you and some of your colleagues were able to attend the event?

Thank s Tom in advance for whatever you might be able to do and we look forward to your reply.

Best regards,

Jonathan

SimonRowberry
    Participant

Hi Jonathan,

Count me in too, obviously.

Anywhere (within reason) would probably be ok for me.

Thanks, Simon

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Hello,

An initial proposal would be for us to host a get together in a central London location sometime mid-January (11/ 12/ 13th?)

Depending on numbers, we would sort out the venue and (possibly) a round or two of drinks.

I’m sure a few of the Business Traveller team would like to meet up. I think we would also find it useful to hear your views (among other things) on what we should be covering in the magazine, what you’d like to see more of and so on….

So far I count less than a dozen wanting to meet up, so perhaps we should just see how many are keen, make a list, and then set a date?

thanks

Tom

JonathanCohen09
    Participant

Hi Tom,

thank you for your quick reply. Your innitial proposal sounds absolutely fine to me. Perhaps the others who are interested can post their views as well.

I can be available on the dates that you suggest but am happy to be flexible.

I guess then it is over to you but if there is anything you would like me to do to help then please let me know.

Kind regards,

Jonathan

NTarrant
    Participant

Hi All

Good for me those dates.

Regards

Nigel

SimonRowberry
    Participant

Hello all,

Those dates are all fine for me, too.

Simon

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 51 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls