BT e-subscriptions

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Anonymous

Swissdiver
    Participant

While the introduction of the BT app is in my view a good thing, there is either a rule I missed or a glitch… I cannot any more access the BT magazines I bought on the BT app (but can on Zinio!). I guess my subscription lapsed and will therefore renew soon. I’d like however to first understand the principle: Do we pay for an timed access (hence would loose everything if we discontinue) or for 10 (is it 10?) issues of the magazine (so could keep the copies as we would with a paper version)?
    Thanks

BTAdmin
    Participant

Many thanks for your post and apologies for taking so long to reply.

To answer your question – you should be able to access the Business Traveller UK digital issues for the period that you subscribed even if your subscription has lapsed.

However there is a bug which is currently with the developers and will hopefully be fixed soon.

There are a number of ways of subscribing to Business Traveller digitally. We have done this to give people a choice. They areā€¦

1. Through Zinio – which is a newsstand run as by a third party so we are unable to comment on the details of any subscription you may have with them.
    2. Through Apple or Android
    3. Direct with us through our website

Subscribing with us has the advantage that you can then access the editions across three platforms (online, with Apple or Android). As our customer you will also get access to the subscriber areas of businesstraveller.com and BT Plus.

Swissdiver
    Participant

No problem for the delay: posting at 16:45 on a Friday evening carries some risks of delay…

Thank you for these clarifications.

Having tried both Zinio and “your” app, I am happy to do it directly with you, notably because I could experience a very good customer service. And I am sure you will soon fix the bug.

I have though another question: I presume GBP 27.49 carries a VAT rate of 20%. As a Swiss resident (i.e. non EU), I am not subject to this VAT. How does it work in practice? Your website doesn’t seem to take this fact into consideration.

Thanks

SimonS1
    Participant

Swissdiver – where VAT is charged it is reclaimable by non EU residents but it is down to you to do it. However magazines are not subject to VAT.

Swissdiver
    Participant

Thanks, Simon. I am not a VAT expert. As a consumer though, when I buy on line, I get a VAT free price at the time of check out. Now if there is no VAT, why do we have such a weird number (GBP 27.49)?

SimonS1
    Participant

I assume that’s the price, as it is what I am quoted as well. It isn’t that uncommon for prices to end in -49 or -99.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls