BT Competition: Holiday Inn J4 M4

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)

• VintageKrug
    Participant

So, with the deadline now passed, which poor soul “won” this competition?

I can only hope for a Trip Report….

robsmith100
    Participant

Folks you shouldnt really knock this competition. For those of us on limited budgets a free stay in hotel close to the airport where you have a very early flight the next day would be most welcome, even it is the Holiday Inn J4 M4. All you really need is a place to rest, you can either eat at home before you leave and have breakie in the terminal or on your flight.

And no i DIDNT win this comp… 😉

VintageKrug
    Participant

Tripadvisor reviewers would beg to differ:

“Probably the poorest service ever received”

“Four stars, who is kidding who?”

“A Huge Disappointment”

“A very disappointing night in a hotel we have liked in the past”

Is a selection of the latest 10 reviews on the site:

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g191261-d193011-Reviews-Holiday_Inn_London_Heathrow_M4_JCT_4-West_Drayton_Middlesex_England.html

excessbaggage
    Participant

In the interests of fairness, 63% of Tripadvisor visitors recommend the hotel, and among the latest review there were also these comments:

“Great for the airport”

“Good overnighter for Heathrow”

“Good stopping point near Heathrow”

“Excellent value, perfect location”

robsmith100
    Participant

VK – the winner is not paying to stay there and besides they may be lucky and enjoy there stay. I am sure there are a lot more worse hotels in the Heathrow area.

Granted, given the choice it would not be my preffered hotel to stay at, however if it is free you really shouldnt complain.

Also you shouldnt forget not everyone can afford to stay or travel in luxary. I am now fortunate to work for one of the worlds leading technology companies, however they have the most worst and cheapest travel expense policies imaginable, where premium class travel is never allowed even for senior executives attending customer facing emergency meetings on the otherside of the world at the last minute. Trips requiring flights or hotel stays regarless of cost or length of stay needs approval to be granted by the senior VP of EMEA (like they dont have anything better to do.

BT Editorial Team – do you have any comment on your choice of prize?

EdTraveller
    Participant

It looks like all the promo money has been lavishly spent in January as there is no Competition this month !

Only that we try to offer a varied selection of prizes, from hotel stays to flights and travel gadgets.

The number of entrants for the Holiday Inn competition was around the average we receive each month, which suggests there was plenty of interest from our readers in winning the prize.

This month we’re giving away five iPhone/Blackberry satnav licenses, and next month we’ll be offering two prizes (subject to confirmation) including a hotel stay and flights.

http://www.businesstraveller.com/competitions

VintageKrug
    Participant

Of course we should be grateful for the freebies, it’s only tongue in cheek!

Has the Holiday Inn winner been announced/sentenced yet?

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Probably some overpaid TV presenter, not that I would know of course..

VintageKrug – Yes, the winner has been chosen at random and we’ll be contacting them to arrange for the prize to be taken.

Ginger1 – there is indeed a competition for this month, which can be viewed at:

http://www.businesstraveller.com/competitions/Win-satnav-software-for-your-smartphone

GarethForster1
    Participant

My last stay at this hotel was so bad that even the duty manager was embarassed and offered me 25,000 priority club points immediatly as compensation, no questions asked! They even managed to serve me burnt toast and cold coffee!, though I must say accommodation is ok, your normal Holiday Inn bedroom.

seasonedtraveller
    Participant

Wonderful stuff!!
    I just checked my schedule for next weeks flight from LHR and guess where they have billeted me the night before…..you guessed it.
    Of the 3 Holiday Inn’s in the immediate LHR area my preffered one is the one on Sipson Road / Bath Road although my last stay there was not great.
    The problem that I find with so many airport hotels is that because most people stay for just a single night and there isn’t the opportunity for repeat business in the same way as perhaps ‘other’ hotels, the staff are pretty apathetic at best.

Hi – just to say that the March competitions are now live. This month we’re giving away a pair of Executive First tickets with Air Canada from London to Toronto (including taxes and charges), as well as a two-night stay including breakfast at the Citadines Prestige Holborn-Covent Garden.

More information at:

http://www.businesstraveller.com/competitions

VintageKrug
    Participant

Did the “lucky” winner enjoy themselves on this freebie?

Stowage222
    Participant

I thought someone would never ask!!! Thanx VK

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls