BT Competition: Holiday Inn J4 M4Create Topic

Home Forums Accommodation Hotels BT Competition: Holiday Inn J4 M4

This topic contains 29 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  Stowage222 5 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

VintageKrug
    Participant

Hope everyone has entered this BT competition:

http://www.businesstraveller.com/competitions/Win-a-stay-for-two-at-the-Holiday-Inn-London-Heathrow-M4J4

Nothing but the most exclusive locations for BT prizes these days 😉

While the winner gets a one night stay, we can only postulate what the second prize might be.

Two nights, perhaps?

Charles-P
    Participant

For the second prize dinner is included.

VintageKrug
    Participant

The third prize?

DisgustedofSwieqi
    Participant

Upgrade to the room that I had, last time I was there 🙂

Charles-P
    Participant

Perhaps a repeat of the stay I had a little while ago in Manchester.

Went to bed at about 10.30pm after a day of meetings.

1100 – Loud group of women scream their way down the corridor – one of those things, not the end of the world

Midnight – Loud women perform ‘conga’ down corridor while knocking on every door along the way

1210 – return of conga, self and others along corridor go out and explain facts of life to them.

1230 – Every door in corridor gets a loud bang on it

1am – Fire alarm goes off, join drunken women and 40 or so very unhappy people in carpark

2am Get back to bed

3am Fire alarm goes off again, back to carpark – police called. Fat, ugly, drunken sluts warned in carpark in full hearing of everybody – some chastened looks, some giggling, some drunken falling over.

4am Police return with sirens and blue lights – reason unknown but can suspect

4.30 am – Woken by very drunk woman who is in tears demanding I open the door as I “don’t love her any more and she wants her ring back”

6.30am Breakfast surrounded by some of the ’40 or so very unhappy people’ from night before.

7.00am Checkout – “Did you have a pleasant stay with us Sir?”

DisgustedofSwieqi
    Participant

Charles

Very similar thing (but only one instance and no fire alarm – or wanting ring back) happened to me on Tuesday.

When asked same question and I said unfortunately not, hotel receptionist offered a no quibble refund of the room price.

Although much appreciated, I didn’t take it as I had not reported the incident.

PatJordan
    Participant

VK, the third prize is really special…….BT have really excelled this time….it’s an gourmet meal with one of the aviaton industry’s leaders….yes, you’ve got it:

A sandwich and coffee with Michael O’Leary on board one of his 737s.

Now don’t all rush forward to the gate…you have to pay he check-in fee first!

Charles-P
    Participant

What annoyed me was this was not a cheap hotel with some poor minimum wage night porter on his own, this was a quality five star hotel. I think it’s unfair to name it as the fault of course lays with the women mentioned but this is an area where hotels need to do more.

I must also say that I find it much more difficult to know how to handle a drunken aggresive woman than I do a drunk man. My wifes’ suggestion that they deserved “a good slap” would have probably seen me spend the night in a different room altogether however if I had done that to a drunk man hammering on my door it would have been different.

VintageKrug
    Participant

I think this incredible offer is still available!

Charles-P
    Participant

Yes I understand that BT is hoping you will enter, win and then take ‘Airpocket’ for a romantic weekend 🙂

VintageKrug
    Participant

There’s only so much romance foam pillows will allow…!

EdTraveller
    Participant

Could be my only Holiday this year…..me and the six kids are keeping our fingers crossed that we win the Competition !

VintageKrug
    Participant

Maybe you could go all out and use the win as an opportunity to marry their Dads that weekend, if the caravan will make it that far….

EdTraveller
    Participant

Good idea, I can see a Channel 4 Documentary opportunity here !

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.