Brussels Airlines

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

Flew from Brussels to JFK on SN501 on 24th August – we travelled in Business Class – seats 2A and 2C.

Upon boarding the flight our jackets were taken and stowed by friendly crew, and we were offered pre take off drinks including Champagne and a delicious Kir Royale. The first thing that grabbed me was the size of the seat which has a great amount of space around it and the large tv screen in the seat which. Is great. The flight took off on time, and shortly after pre lunch drinks were served with a smoked salmon and caviar appetiser. The crew distributed the menus, with food including dishes created by Michelin Star restauranteur Thomas Locus. The lunch menu consisted of a starter of either Romaine Lettuce Salad served with North Sea shrimp and avocado or Middle Eastern Style Lamb served with baba ghanoush. I had the shrimp, it was one of the most attractively presented dishes that I have ever had in a plane and it was delicous.
    Mains were a choice of Waterzooi style farm raised chicken with IJsvaller watercress and ravioli with ox heart cabbage or Fillet of Cod with verge sauce and roast potatoes with Rosemary and sugar snap peas or Agnolotti pasta with arugula sauce. I had the chicken which was succulent and juicy and absolutely delicious. It's also worth mentioning that my travelling companion had ordered a Lacto Vegetarian meal which as a main was a superb Mushroom and Spinach curry.

We were then offered a cheese plate and dessert and offer. There was a decent selection of wines available which were generously topped up throughout the meal.

After lunch we settled back to relax for a few hours – the seat extends into a massive bed which is very comfortable and enabled me to get a couple of hours sleep, which is really unusual for me as I am 6 feet 2 and find sleeping difficult on planes especially BA.

Crew served ice cream through the flight and drinks runs were regularly offered.

The big let down was the inflight entertainment which was pretty disappointing with a mediocre selection of film and tv series available – luckily I had my trusty IPad so was able to catch up on some stuff I had downloaded.

90 minutes before JFK a snack was served – this was a goats cheese salad with honey minced smoked breast of duck and apricots served with raspberry vinegar which was absolutely delicious.

Crew were lovely throughout, and provided a great unobtrusive service. A nice touch was we were given a box of Neuhaus chocolates each to thank us for flying with them.

We arrived in JFK 45 minutes early relaxed and refreshed having thoroughly enjoyed the experience before bracing ourselves for the hour long queue at Immigration.- a really real experience all in all.

Review courtesy of Seatplans.com. Original review by user 187275 can be found here

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls