Brussels Airlines Avro RJ85 Economy (short haul)

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Anonymous

SimonRowberry
    Participant

Brussels Airlines, BRU – BHX Economy, 31.08.11

Got to the airport and as Star Alliance Gold, I checked in at the HON Circle/Senator desk. The lady was fairly brusque and I had to remind her to give me the barcode sticker that let me through the Fast Track security at BRU.

In the event, the security area was fairly quiet, but I used the Fast Track anyway.

I then went to the Brussels Airlines Lounge on B pier. It was crowded, but the staff were (as ever) friendly, welcoming and helpful. Not the greatest selection of F&B offerings, but the staff really are excellent.

Boarding was at Gate B93 (although my boarding pass said B92), which is in the bus transit area. There was some confusion at the gate, as between us, the passengers had variously B92, B93 and B94 on the passes. The wait on the bus for stragglers was a little long.

I was in 9F, the first row in B.Light (economy). The B.flex seating in front of me was almost totally full, yet I had the middle seat kept free. We left 10 minutes late.

Food service was slow. 30 minutes into a 1 hour (ostensibly) flight, we were asked whether we wished to purchase any food or drink. I bought a tolerable cheese sandwich and bottle of sparkling water for €6.00.

We arrived 15 minutes late at BHX. Disembarkation was via an air bridge and passport control was quiet. My priority-tagged bags came off last, after a 20 minute or so wait.

Conclusion – a basic flight, late and nothing really to write home about. I use SN regularly, and this was one of the less satisfactory ones I have taken over the years.

Simon

Charles-P
    Participant

Simon,

Like you I am a regular user of Brussels Airlines and regretfully the attitude of the staff and the gate confusion are becoming more and more common. I compare this with SAS who I also use from Brussels and the difference is noticable.

Brussels Airlines needs to get it together.

Charles.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls